Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Can't Apply License
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Can't Apply License
Can't Apply License 1 Year ago  
I recently started using PCLinux-os and want to use my Rainlendar there. Previously I used Ubuntu or Mint. Never had any trouble. I downloaded the .tar file to use with the PCLinux (and I tried the beta, too) but when I drop my license over the program I get an error box which reads "Unknown file "/home/emichelle/rainlendar2/license.r2li". The file cannot be imported into Rainlendar."

Can you tell me how I can get this working, please? Thank you.

barkhat
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Can't Apply License 1 Year ago  
See your image and found two problems that maybe are the reason :
a) You are using 2.11.1 Lite, but Lite does not need license-file, you should use Pro or BETA.
b) The name of license-file should be "license.r2lic", not "license.r2li", please check it.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Thank you for your reply. I did reinstall the Pro file and download the license again but I am still having the same problem.By the way, the license is named as you say but the error box that comes up shows it as I attached for some reason.

At any rate, I can't get it to work, yet. Any other suggestions?

Thank you.
barkhat
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Ah ! the newest image seems same with previous exactly.

If you think your files and version both are correctly, you can try :
direct copy license.r2lic file to "/home/emichelle/rainlendar2/".
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

This just is not working for me. I don't understand. I've never had any trouble using it before when I used Ubuntu or Linux Mint. Now with this PCLinux-os, it just won't work and that means I cannot add my Google calendars to Rainlendar.

I put the file in the directory with the program as you suggested, "/home/emichelle/rainlendar2/" but still have no success. I just placed the file in the directory. Is there some special thing I should be doing after that?
barkhat
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The license file should be copied to Rainlendar's settings folder (either /home/emichelle/.rainlendar2 or /home/emichelle/.config/.rainlendar2 depending on the Linux distro). The "Install the license..." menu item does this automatically for you.

If Rainlendar's about dialog shows it as the lite version even if you have installed the pro it means that the application cannot load the plugins during the startup. You should get an error about this though when Rainlendar is started.

Try running Rainlendar from the command prompt with the "--debug" argument:

Code:

/home/emichelle/rainlendar2/rainlendar2 --debug

There should be a "Show debug log" item in the context menu which opens the log. Check the log for possible errors (usually in this kind of situation one of the 3rd party libraries are too old in your system).
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop