Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Repeat Events Nowhere to be Seen on Android?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Repeat Events Nowhere to be Seen on Android?
Repeat Events Nowhere to be Seen on Android? 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Hey,
Long time rainlendar user and appreciator

I've had an issue for months and months where repeat events don't show up on my android phone in either the stock android calendar or Jorte. I was hoping various updates may happen and it'd just show up out of the blue some day and the bug be fixed but this hasn't happened so thought I'd post here. Seems to happen regardless of the calendar account I choose but the event and all the repeat dates DO show up on www.google.com/calendar/ no problem, so it may not be a rainlendar issue even?

Any help would be appreciated
cormie
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Repeat Events Nowhere to be Seen on Android? 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
If you create a recurring event in the Google's web calendar is it then shown in the mobile phone? If yes, then it might be that Rainlendar creates the events such way that the Google's server understands them but the mobile calendar does not.

What you can try is to create the same recurring event on Rainlendar and on Google's web calendar and sync them to your phone. If you only see one of the events you can run Rainlendar in the [url=http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_easyfaq&Itemid=26#faq21]debug mode/url] and check from the debug log and compare how the events differ. Rainlendar's debug log contains all the information about the events that Google's server sends so it should tell if some information is missing.

You can also send the log to me (use the Rainlendar's support address) if you have trouble interpreting the log output. Make sure to do your testing with an empty calendar or otherwise the log will contain a lot of unnecessary data.
Rainy
graph

Re:Repeat Events Nowhere to be Seen on Android? 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Aha, I think I've figured out what it is. Which raises another issue I was looking to sort out too.

I had the event set to repeat weekly and the event itself is quite old, from 22/March/2013, I tested a few new repeat events and all were showing up fine on the phone, then I remembered trying to search before for old events and not having any luck, so thought maybe the android calendar only populates up to a few months prior to today's date, I changed the date on the repeat event to october to see if it would then show and it did.

So I think the problem is that the android calendar is only showing events up until a certain date.

I actually changed it back again since to begin on the 22/march/2013 and it's still showing, so maybe it's been kept in the cache or something?

So I guess it's not rainlendar related but more to do with, how can I not have a date cut off for what events show up on the phone? This has been an issue before actually where I wasn't able to find an event I knew happened about a year ago using search on my phone but found it when going to the desktop website?
cormie
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Yep, it seems that the Android's calendar sync adapter limits how far back the events are read from the server. Unfortunately at least a quick googling did not reveal any good solution for this.
Rainy
graph

Thanks Rainy, I'll have to look into it a bit once I have a minute, I'll report back with any revelations
cormie
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop