Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Default event color & read-only?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Default event color & read-only?
Default event color & read-only? 10 Months ago  
Hi!

With the new update I tried deleting my calendars to add them again with the new Google Calendar (v3) option. However, I can't seem to find how to change the default color for all events now. My calendars each had their own color before.

Also, I changed the visible category from my Sport calendar to 'Sport', but now for some reason, all the Sport events are read-only. This continued after changing the visible category to nothing again...

Greetings,
Gilliam
Gi11i4m
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Default event color & read-only? 10 Months ago  
You can use the "Visual category" setting for the calendar to change the appearance of all events. Are you using English language or something else. Sometimes incorrect translations cause some settings to get enabled/disabled with other settings if they use the same text.
Rainy
graph

Right, visual category was indeed what I was looking for!

I'm using the Dutch language, went into the settings file and didn't find any readonly parameters set on 1 so how might I fix it? It's no problem for me to switch back to English if that's necessary.

Btw, is it safe to save the Auth code and Refresh token for Google accounts in plain text? I'm not an expert but couldn't someone who breaks into my pc use it to get access to my Google account? Just out of curiosity.
Gi11i4m
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The category is not related if the event is set as read-only or not. However if you have recurring events which have exceptions (i.e. you have edited a single instance of a recurring event) it will be marked as read only because editing such events in Rainlendar would remove the exceptions.

Just the auth code and refresh token do not allow access to the calendar but you need also the application specific secret code. But it's probably better to be safe than sorry so I can encrypt the authentication information. Although if an attacker gains access to your computer he can just launch Rainlendar to access your events no matter if the auth data is encrypted or not.
Rainy
graph

That's probably the problem, they were moved recurring events, thanks!

And these codes in combination with the application specific code also only give access to the calendar, right? It's okay then
Gi11i4m
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop