Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

moving recurrences
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: moving recurrences
moving recurrences 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
I have an event (payday) that has a recurrence that shifts depending on what day it falls on.

For instance, if the date (the 7th and 22nd, which are two different events, more on this later...) falls on a saturday, we actually get paid on the friday before. Same with sunday. I'm pretty sure that the iCalendar format supports this, so my question is... how hard would this be to implement in Rainlendar?

also, how hard would it be to make a monthly recurring event fall on two different days? like my payday, have it entered as only one event and have it occur on the 7th and 22nd of every month?
with or without the above no-weekend feature?

thanks for continuing an awesome product.<br><br>Post edited by: benjam, at: 2007/01/31 16:56
benjam
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:moving recurrences 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Poor Rainy - it seems the recurrence is a hot topic. While I do support the inclusion of BYMONTH/BYDAY elements in RRULE (for compatibility reasons) I would suggest Rainy doesn't do more than he has to to keep it relatively simple . I checked around on implementation, and get the distinct impression that recurrence is a quagmire you really want to avoid getting too deep into. Too many ambiguities out there...

ok
okh
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
okhoff

Re:moving recurrences 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
The functions that calculate the recurrence patterns are quite complex already and making modifications to them break things easily so I try not to make too much changes to that part of the code. Possibility to make recurring events on just the workdays would be a nice feature but at least for now it's not planned.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop