Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Wrong time on recurring google calendar events
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Wrong time on recurring google calendar events
Wrong time on recurring google calendar events 3 Months ago  
Hello,

using the latest stable Rainlendar Pro 2.12 I had some issues:

After every installation on my two computers it trashed one Google calender event. Each of the two installations modified one random holiday event from former one day in the past to tenth of thousands days long. So it filled my whole calendar in Rainlendar and in Google calender too (configured as read only in Rainlendar, so I didn't expect any changes at all). I had to delete the corrupt entry and add it again. Happened once after upgrade from 2.11 on first PC and then again once after upgrading the second PC from 2.11 to 2.12.

By trying to add a new calendar I saw now there is a new Google Calendar (v3) type. As all my Google calendars were added long before they used the deprecated type. So I deleted all Google calendars and re-added them as v3 type.

Now I have a different problem: Simple events from Google calendar are shown properly but recurring events (i.E. 10. of month, repeated every 3 months, at 19:30, 1 hour long) are shifted by mostly 1 hour in Rainlendar. Above with or without timezone setting GMT+1 in Google then shows 20:30-21:30 in Rainlendar. But it did also show 22:30-23:30 on other tries. And it sometimes moves the event in Google calender by 1 hour to a later time (shouldn't be possible as the calendar is set to read-only in Rainlendar).

Is this a known issue? Seems to affect only recurring events. I have some of them and all are shifted. Non-recurring events show properly.

Didn't happen on the same calendar events with Rainlendar 2.11 using the older deprecated Google Calendar plugin.
AraldoL
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Wrong time on recurring google calendar events 3 Months ago  
The incorrect time could be related to time zones. Difficult to say without actually seeing the event. Rainlendar does not write anything to Google automatically so it should not be able to modify the events unless the user makes some changes.

Can you do this:

Create a new calendar in Google and and connect Rainlendar to it with the new v3 calendar type. Disable all your other calendars in Rainlendar. Create a recurring event which shows the problem. Then restart Rainlendar in the debug mode and send the debug log to me (you can use the Rainlendar's support address). In the email tell what the time for the event was set in Google, what Rainlendar shows and what did you expected it to show. Please also include a link to this forum thread so I know what the log is for.
Rainy
graph

Re: Wrong time on recurring google calendar events 3 Months ago  
While preparing a new calender with entries as suggested I think I found the cause. It is not related to timezones and/or recurring of events.

The affected entries all have a duration of 0 minutes in Google calendar.

Example:

Event 17:00 - 17:30 shows properly 17:00 in Rainlendar
Event 17:00 - 17:00 shows wrongly 18:00 in Rainlendar!

I did this have a short "17:00 Event" in Rainlendar event list instead of "17:00-17:30 Event" which uses more space. Used this frequently for repeated events like taxes, data backup etc.

On the test calendar I created entries on Google first with default duration 30 minutes. Those showed OK in Rainlendar, even the recurring. Then I changed some to duration 0 minutes and they were shifted 1 hour in Rainlendar.

Interestingly, after changing events back to 30/60 minutes in Google and deleting the local copy in Rainlendar (when not running of course) those events stay shifted 1 hour. I found no way to reair them.

As requested I just sent an email with debug log and screenshots.

UPDATE: Hmm, looks like I was wrong. After deleting all the wrong events and creating them new in Google with the default 1 hour duration they are still shown wrong by 1 hour on the first PC but correctly on the second PC. So it was not caused by the former 0 minutes duration. Both PC have the same time settings in windows (same local time, same timezone UTC+1 Amsterdam, Berlin, ...). The PC with the wrong display is the one I sent the log from. Searched for a difference in Rainlendar settings but found nothing related to this issue.
AraldoL
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/01/13 02:06 By AraldoL.

Re:Wrong time on recurring google calendar events 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago  
Hello,

I have kinda the same problem:

I'm using the new Google Calendar login with sync to my smartphone.

When creating an event with Rainlendar Google displays it with GMT+0, my laptop and Google are set to GMT +1. Any idea? I'm using the latest stable version of Rainlendar.
Snoggi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Wrong time on recurring google calendar events 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago  
I got a test version from Rainy that solved the issue. The fix should be included in the next stable or beta version.
AraldoL
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Wrong time on recurring google calendar events 1 Month ago  
When will the next version be released?
Snoggi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop