Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

calendar names with blanks don't work
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: calendar names with blanks don't work
calendar names with blanks don't work 9 Months, 1 Week ago  
I used a calendar name with blanks of the form aaa<blank>bbb<blank>ccc.
Neither Google nor Railendar forbid this. I could not sync. I found, that Railendar truncated the name to aaa<blank>.
I doubt that it is worthwhile to fix this (probably rare) problem. But I think a prominent warning and/or an error message would have saved me a few hours of error hunting.
Beat
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: calendar names with blanks don't work 9 Months, 1 Week ago  
I don't think the spaces in the name is the problem. I have several calendars which use spaces in their name. And if you use the new "Google Calendar (v3)" it doesn't even use the calendar name for identification.

Can you run Rainlendar in the debug mode and create a calendar which shows the problem? Disable all your existing calendars before that so that the debug log doesn't contain any unnecessary information. Please send the log to Rainlendar's support email address with a link to this thread and I'll take a look at it.
Rainy
graph

Thanks! I created a calendar with blanks and it shows the event in the calendar, but not in the event list. why? [i am quite surprised because in the case I wrote before, the offelne file was named aaa<blank>_offline and all the references in railendar2.ini were aaa<blank>. Now it works.
Log file is attached. [file name=rainlendar2-16d33bb9c3ae167899e7f75424d8690a.log size=493077]www.rainlendar.net/cms/images/fbfiles/files/rainlendar2-16d33bb9c3ae167899e7f75424d8690a.log[/file]
Beat
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The events from the calendar are not shown in the event list because they're not part of the "Included calendars" which you have defined for the window.
Rainy
graph

Re: calendar names with blanks don't work 9 Months ago  
Thank you! this helped.
I have another problem: I have Google-events and -tasks and some events and tasks which are only in Railendar. For some time I saw both kinds mixed in the same lists. Now I see only the Google tasks and events. Where is the problem?
Thanks again!
Beat
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: calendar names with blanks don't work 9 Months ago  
Check the "Included calendars" setting for the window and make sure it includes both calendars (or is empty).
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop