Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Alarm not showing up (last Sunday of the month)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Alarm not showing up (last Sunday of the month)
Re: Alarm not showing up (last Sunday of the month) 3 Months, 4 Weeks ago  
I have Calendar: Default at the bottom left corner of the event editing window. If you mean that, then yes. I have only default and no additional alarms. I can't test right now, as there is no "Last.." options now. I don't want to play around with the system date as some programs and events may go nuts.
wroot
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Alarm not showing up (last Sunday of the month) 3 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
The "Default" in bottom left corner is the name of your calendar. The default alarm is set in Options->Calendars ("Default alarm (minutes)" setting). If you don't have it set and you don't add an alarm to the event then you won't see any alarms.
Rainy
graph

Re: Alarm not showing up (last Sunday of the month) 3 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
I can only see Default alarm (minutes) set to 0. So i guess i don't have an alarm setup. But i don't need one. I don't need to be reminded about an event prior the event, i just want to be notified when the event happens.

And this works for every other event i have. I just open New event window, clear the All day event checkbox, set a date and time, add Summary, maybe select a different category or just leave it as Default and hit OK. When the time comes it shows the popup on the desktop. I have an event, which is set to show at 11:30 on every first Saturday of the month and today it showed the popup. So option with "First day of the month" is working fine. And on March 30th the one with the "Last Sunday of the month" didn't show the popup. maybe it is related to daylight saving changes. Though it didn't worked with Last Monday of the month on March 31st either while i was testing. Will have to wait till the end of the month to do testing. Or i may try to test this in a virtual machine, if i'll have time for this.

Btw, i'm using a template for new events. Thinking maybe that's the cause, because i think last time events worked fine with "Last day" option and i have made a template maybe a few months ago. My template is only clearing the All day event checkbox and setting category to Default.
wroot
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Alarm not showing up (last Sunday of the month) 3 Months ago  
I've just tried to create an event: uncheck All day event, set to 14:43, no alarms, set the recurrence to 12 months and Last Saturday of the month. And this time Event window did pop up at 14:43. Maybe it was related to the daylight savings last month and it now works ok in April.
wroot
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop