Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar will occasionally overwrite my calendar
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Rainlendar will occasionally overwrite my calendar
Rainlendar will occasionally overwrite my calendar 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
I use the pro version with a shared .ics online. Since I'm on a laptop using wireless, often times the internet connectivity will cut in and out. The problem seems to be when I add a task while in off line mode and when my laptop reconnects, Rainlendar will overwrite the online calendar and I lose everything else.

I realise that Rainlendar sends could not connect messages, but I've supressed those automatically because when I'm working offline I end up with a gazillion of those pop ups every minute (since that's my calendar refresh rate).
AncientPC
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Rainlendar will occasionally overwrite my calendar 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
It might be that the if the calendar file cannot be downloaded from the server and a new event is created it'll just upload the new event. I'll try to figure out under which circumstances this could happen.

By the way, do you have the "Keep offline copy" enabled?
Rainy
graph

Re:Rainlendar will occasionally overwrite my calen 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
Ahh, apparently I don't have "Keep Offline Copy" enabled. It's right next to the "Supress Error Messages" too!

Rainlendar already has all the options that I want, I just need to find them!
AncientPC
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Ok I ran into this problem again today. I'll try to recount what happened the best I can.

-I exited Rainlendar normally. I'm pretty sure I have a working internet connection again but not sure.
-When I ran Rainlendar an hour later only 2-3 items showed up (I have much more).
-I re-enabled error messages and it said that I was not authorized to access the network calendar (this happens occasionally, at least once every few days).
-I went into calendar settings and put in my user/password again and when Rainlendar connected to my network calendar only the same 2-3 items were showing.
-I do have backup calendar enabled.

Why is Rainlendar erasing my network calendar file?

Second of all, my home computer still has not reconnected to the network calendar. If possible, can I restore from my home computer? I realised that the calendar backup was possibly hidden in the registry?
AncientPC
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Ok, so I accidentally properly restored my calendar. By accidentally, I mean I logged into my home PC to remove Rainlendar2 from starting up, but once I logged in I accidentally ran Rainlendar2 anyway out of habit.

Luckily, the full calendar was still available and it updated the remote calendar. I went ahead and exported the event list and ran backup on the task manager anyway.

This leads me to believe that upon starting up Rainlendar2, it updates the remote calendar from local file? But that can't be right, as I've often updated the calendar on one computer and when starting up my other computer it will correctly update there as well. I'm thinking something is corrupting my local file when I get the Rainlendar2 "Unauthorized access 401 error".
AncientPC
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Have you tried the build 33? It has some improvements to the network calendars.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop