Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

toggle windows, etc
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: toggle windows, etc
toggle windows, etc 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
I like the "toggle windows" option for the tray icon. But I think it should remember which ones you had enabled, and only toggle those back, instead of always showing all 3 windows. Also it might be nice to be able to allow a single instead of double click for this.

Couple other things/suggestions...
- Apply button in options?
- In Shadow4 the events/todo lists don't stay put at the top of my screen. They want to snap down a bit when they become empty.
- The yellow tray tooltip that says "Rainlendar" appears over the one for Today's Events. Not sure if there's anything to be done about that, like disabling it.

Sorry if I repeat/overlook stuff.
tigen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:toggle windows, etc 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
You can remove the windows you don't want to have from the advanced skin settings.

The apply button has been discussed before and there are technical problems with the implementation.

Does the snapping problem disappear if you set Options->Advanced->SnapDistance to 0?

Windows requires that the icon has a tooltip otherwise it cannot be shown permanently in the tray.
Rainy
graph

Rainy wrote:
You can remove the windows you don't want to have from the advanced skin settings.

Hmm. Do you mean setting the "visible" flag for the window? The problem is that when toggling them it resets them all to visible. Say I have "to do" invisible. The first double-click hides the calendar and events, then the next one brings all 3 back.

Does the snapping problem disappear if you set Options->Advanced->SnapDistance to 0?

No... that prevents it from snapping to the edge, but it still doesn't stay at the top. I mean like the title "TO DO" moves down a bit after deleting the last item (or if it was empty and I try to enable "lock windows in place"). It only happens if the window was near the top screen edge.

By the way I am using 2.0.2 (b32).
tigen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Ok, so setting the window's "scale" to 0 will prevent the toggle issue. However, it's not ideal because I would like to use it sometimes. Then I have to go in the advanced options to reset the scale. A little bit convoluted.
tigen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Perhaps there could be another "master visibility" bit besides the per-window visibility, that is anded together. Then allow toggling the master bit so the others don't get reset.
tigen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

A better way would be to remove the window from active side instead of setting the scale to 0. But yes, getting the window back would require a change in the Options dialog.

You could also change the toggle script so that it would only affect just some of the windows and not all of them.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop