Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

WinUpdate KB3145739 - Tasks/Events Drawn on Top
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123456789
TOPIC: WinUpdate KB3145739 - Tasks/Events Drawn on Top
Re:WinUpdate KB3145739 - Tasks/Events Drawn on Top 1 Year, 1 Month ago  
I hope Rainy will include this fix in the upcoming new releases.
Loom
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:WinUpdate KB3145739 - Tasks/Events Drawn on Top 1 Year, 1 Month ago  
Indeed. Hopefully he can already reproduce the problem.

Rainy, I have tested it with the latest beta as well, with default settings as well and i was able to get rid of this problem only by editing the skin (removing tooltip strings from todolist.xml).

Btw, I love this software, actually one of the most useful applications for me.
pesz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:WinUpdate KB3145739 - Tasks/Events Drawn on Top 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Rainy wrote:
Hmmm... I'm not able to reproduce this with b149. Does this happen with default settings if you don't have any calendars enabled? If it doesn't, is there some setting or some kind of event/task which causes the problem?

Hi Rainy
I can reproduce this on Rainlendar Pro BETA Version 2.14 (b150) 64 bit. Running on Win7 64 bit.

I am running on default settings as I deleted the ".rainlendar2" folder in the user directory. Only setting is "position" changed to "on desktop" or "on bottom"

How to reproduce for events:

1. Add event only with "summary" filled.
    2. Manually refresh rainlendar: Behavior as expected, calender refreshes and stays on desktop/bottom.
    3. Add a url to the event (can be an actual URL or random text, same result).
    4. Manually refresh rainlendar: Both "today" window and "event list" window now appear on top of the windows of the programs that are currently open.
    5. Remove anything in the URL field and refresh rainlendar: Behavior as expected, the calendar refreshes and windows stay on desktop/bottom.

How to reproduce for tasks:

1. Add new task with only summary filled.
    2. Refresh rainlendar: Both "task list" window and "today" window appear on top.
    3. Remove task and refresh rainlendar: Behavior as expected, calendar refreshes and windows stays on desktop/bottom.

As previously mention it appears that this is caused by URLs in events. What causes the tasks to appear I don't know.

Until a permanent solution is found: If you could add an option to have rainlendar ignore URL fields in events and thus not show the URL icon in the events list and today windows that would make rainlendar usable again. I could live without URLs shown and a task list for now until a permanent solution is found.
Spasserfan
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:WinUpdate KB3145739 - Tasks/Events Drawn on Top 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Is this something that happens only on Windows 7? I'm not able to reproduce it in Windows 10 and I currently don't have Windows 7 where I could try it.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Rainy wrote:
Is this something that happens only on Windows 7? I'm not able to reproduce it in Windows 10 and I currently don't have Windows 7 where I could try it.

Possibly. Unfortunately I test it on a win 10 machine. I will let you know if I get hold of a win 10 machine to test it.

Would it be possible introduce the option to ignore URLs in the events (and treat them as if there is no URL). That way I would be able to test if it indeed only is the URL part that is problematic for the events.
Spasserfan
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Why? Why? Why?

I think you (and Rainy) did not take a closer look at this thread (all posts).

If you look closely at this thread, you will find this issue is happening in Win7 only, and the reason maybe because "tooltip".

(my previous post)
www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=4&id=23685&limit=6&limitstart=36#23899
keepstudy
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Native Language: Chinese
Email: jhg5702@hotmail.com

Go to topPage: 123456789
get the latest posts directly to your desktop