Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Unable to edit dates of an event which crosses two
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Unable to edit dates of an event which crosses two
Unable to edit dates of an event which crosses two 5 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
I think this is a bug: at least I've found no way around it.

1. I entered an event: "Fred comes to stay" starting on 24 May and ending 6 June. No problem.

2. Fred then says that in fact he can only stay a couple of days so I want to edit the event to make the end date 26 May.

3. I go to 'edit event', click the calendar for the end date and change it from June to May.

4. At this point both calendars (start and end) are set to 1st May.

5. I set the end date to 26 May, but I need to correct the start date.

6. When I set the start date back to 24 May, the end date resets itself to 6 June.

It makes no difference if I click 'OK' in-between steps 5 and 6 to make two separate operations: same thing happens.

Changing the end-date to another date in June is fine. Of course I could delete the event and enter a new one, but that's a nuisance because all the contact data, flight times, bla-bla all need to be retyped in the extra info box.

Hope that's helpful.
megadyne
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Unable to edit dates of an event which crosses two 5 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Subject: Unable to edit dates of an event which crosses two months

Just to be clear, when I mention 'calendars' I mean the drop-down date-pickers.
megadyne
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

There is couple of things which cause this. On Windows the date picker will reset the date to the start of month when you change to the previous month. Rainlendar won't allow the end date to be before the start date so the start date is changed too.

Other issue is that Rainlendar keeps the date range the same when the start date is changed so if you first change the end date and then modify the start date the end date will move automatically too.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Thanks for the quick response, and the explanation. Of course you can arrange things as you like but I would respectfully suggest that this is a bit odd, because it effectively means that the duration of an event cannot be changed. I'm not sure how it works 'under the hood' but the key moment seems to be when *both* date-pickers change at the same time as a result of resetting only the end-date. I guess it would mean having extra checks each time a date is picked, to check that the end is after the start.
megadyne
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop