Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Sync repeating event in other timezone not working
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Sync repeating event in other timezone not working
Sync repeating event in other timezone not working 1 Month, 2 Weeks ago  
I'm using the Windows client. Also tried using the latest beta.
My sync service is fruux using CalDav api.

I create an event in another timezone (EST). It syncs to fruux, and it syncs to my local Rainlender2 (AEDT), no problem.

I create the same event, but as a repeating event, and while I see the event in fruux it does not appear in Rainlendar2.

Creating a non-repeating event, seeing it appear, then modifying it to a repeating event also does not work.

Creating a repeating event in Rainlendar2 and syncing it to fruux works across all devices, but I cannot set timezones in Rainlendar2. As different timezones move in and out of daylight savings I want events to remain where they should be.

Update while writing this: Rainlendar2 seems to be giving me pop-up alerts and notifications for these events, but the events themselves do not display in the Events list on the app.
kevralyn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sync repeating event in other timezone not working 1 Month, 2 Weeks ago  
Can you attach the event? You should be able to see it in the Rainlendar's manager dialog. Just select it from the list and export it in the iCalendar format.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:Sync repeating event in other timezone not working 1 Month, 2 Weeks ago  
I had a lot of problems creating this in Rainlendar initially, which is why I took to creating it in an external app and syncing it across.

Rainlendar gave lots of crashes, including in the latest beta.

It does not crash importing this event; it just does not display it on the Events view. It shows up in the Manager though, a feature I hadn't previously explored. Thanks for that. Attached it here.
File Attachment:
File Name: repeating_timezone_alarm_event.ics
File Size: 1128
kevralyn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Sync repeating event in other timezone not working 1 Month, 1 Week ago  
I can reproduce the problem with the event. The problem probably is that the event gets moved to a different day due to the time zone adjustment so the weekdays in the recurrence pattern do not match anymore. I'll check that.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:Sync repeating event in other timezone not working 1 Month ago  
That seems to match what I'm seeing. While I'm getting pop up notifications that the event is happening, they seem to be on the wrong day. (in addition to the event not appearing in the main list on the right)

Cross timezoning is pretty important to my usage (and also why I moved away from Google Calendar in an attempt to fix this). Wonderful to hear that this event has helped you reproduce the problem
kevralyn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop