Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Network errors on wireless
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Network errors on wireless
Network errors on wireless 7 Years, 1 Month ago  
On my laptop, with a wireless connection, Rainlender (for Windows) often comes up with "Network errors" when starting Windows.

My guess is that the wireless connection has not been build up yet when Rainlender tries to retrieve the online iCal (Google) calendars.

The error message is:

Network Error!
Error downloading the data from the url:
www.google.com/calendar/ical/xxxxx%40gmail.com/private-xxxxxxx/xxxx.ics
Server returned result: 0 Unknown error.

This happens for each calendar that is tried retrieving.

I think Rainlendar should have a little bit more patience before giving up with such a &quot;loud&quot; complaint.<br><br>Post edited by: pbb, at: 2007/03/21 15:03
pbb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Network errors on wireless 7 Years ago  
Well, Rainlendar doesn't know the reason why it cannot access the network. You can disable the error messages from the settings but then you might miss some necessary error.
Rainy
graph

I can't find an option for turning off warnings in the Options. I am assuming it would be in the Advanced section?

Also, the standard operation for auto-loading applications that try to access internet (MSN, DynDNS, Shareaza, Samurize, etc) is to silently retry, for example every minute.

A nice idea might be to use the tooltip (that currently shows todays items, next to the systemtray icon) to display an error message.

The current system where every online calendar that can't be accessed opens another popup window that needs to be clicked away, is a bit too much &quot;in your face&quot;.
pbb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to Options-&gt;Calendars and select the calendar from the list. The option is in the calendar's property list.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop