Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

[Solved] [windows] data lost at reboot
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: [Solved] [windows] data lost at reboot
[Solved] [windows] data lost at reboot 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
I periodically loose my rainlendar data when i proceed to a reboot(?).
Actually, I've lost my data two times. The first time, it was (i think) because i moved "My documents" folder to D: and because of that, i had two ".Rainlendar" folders. One in "C:\Docs and ...\~username\" and the other in "D:\". I wonder which is used by rainlendar... But anyway, i moved my docs a long time before the bug. And suddenly, Rainlendar has switched from old location (C:\Docs and ...\~username\) to the new one (D:\). So, to restore my data, the first time, i've copied my files from C:\Docs and ...\~username\.Rainlendar\* to the newly created one, D:\.Rainlendar\*. But now, i've another problem. I haven't moved my documents again, but my data has just disappeared. I really wonder where the hell are the file user by Rainlendar now...

Post edited by: ice, at: 2007/03/21 19:57

Post edited by: ice, at: 2007/03/23 14:33<br><br>Post edited by: ice, at: 2007/03/23 14:34
ice
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:[windows] data lost at reboot 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
You can open command prompt and type &quot;echo %HOME%&quot; (without the quotes). It will display the path to your home folder and that's the place where Rainlendar stores the .rainlendar2 folder for the settings.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:[windows] data lost at reboot 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Thanks a lot for your help. Indeed, i changed my %HOME% environment variable, just before the bug. So i copied the old files (D:) to the new location (%HOME%), and now, it works perfectly. Just an idea, however, for coming versions: when raindlendar fails to open its files, it may could prompt a message like &quot;If you had events or tasks before, make sure to have it in your %HOME%/.Rainlendar/ directory&quot;. Also, you could use register too.
ice
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop