Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Summer time de-sync
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Summer time de-sync
Summer time de-sync 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
I have found a rather annoying bug, which only showed up today (29 Oct). I created an event for yesterday that ran until 23:30, which was fine. However, as of today, now that we have reverted to real time, the event doubles into today.

It seems to me that the day identification within the calendar works on increments of 24 hours, irrespective of what day it actually is; with the baseline time calculation being in an offset (summer) timeframe. As such, when creating a new event now, 23:00 is at the beginning of the time list instead of the end!

I tested this with a new event running 10:30-23:30, and it too duplicated into tomorrow.
Rick
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Summer time de-sync 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
The daylight saving time change messed things up. You can try to set Options->Advanced->AdjustDaylightSavingTime to false to see if that helps.
Rainy
graph

Making that change fixed the event duplication (at least yesterday's no longer shows up today). And a test event likewise didn't duplicate (end at 23:30). The issue in the selector drop-down remains, however, and "summer time" events are now out of time (one hour offset), so come the end of March, thigs will be messed up again.
Rick
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Interestingly, having set Options->Advanced->AdjustDaylightSavingTime to false, and then back to true, the duplicating issue has gone away! Even for newly created events (once it is back to true).

-edit- No, I am talking rubish (well, partly). The newly created test didn't duplicate, but the historuical one (yesterday's) is back in today. I know some people are in favour of the absurd idea of running on summer time year-round, but this isn't the place to promote it <br><br>Post edited by: Rick, at: 2006/10/29 08:07
Rick
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I'm having a similar DST-related problem. No matter what I set AdjustDaylightSavingTime to, my events are all one hour too early. Opening the .ics with rainlendar 1 or sunbird shows all the events correctly.
EdZ
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Yeah i'm having some major issues with this. I had issues similar to those mentioned about but i'm also having some other strange issues. Times change +1 hour to when I set them for new events but only when the start times are on the hour or on the half hour (we had a similar problem in a previous build which you fixed rainy). Also if I put an end time of 11.15am (or any 'custom' time which isn't on the hour or half hour) the end time seems to revert to the same as the start time +1 hour. If I have the start and end time the same with a 'custom' time it seems to work fine. There's some other strange stuff going on too, I can't work out a pattern so i'll give you a few examples:

Start time: 9.00am, end time: 9.00am
becomes: 10.00am in calendar but remains 9.00am when you edit the event.

Start time: 9.30am, end time: 10.00am
becomes: start 10.30am end 11.00am but remains 9.30am and 10.00am in edit event

Ok, here's where it gets wierd

If I TYPE (rather than select from the drop down list as I did before) 9.30am start and 10.00am end in the edit events box it shows up as normal in the calendar but if I edit the event it has changed to: 8.30am start, 9.00am end in the edit boxes but remains normal in the calendar when I click ok.

Start time: 9.36am, end time 10.00am (typed in both)
Shows up as normal in the calendar, edit boxes say: 9.36am start, 9.00am end.

If I try and edit the end time again its reverting to 4.30pm in the edit box and 5.30 in the calendar.

As you can see i'm really not sure whats going on but its annoying. Changing the daylight savings to false has no effect except it messes up all my other times.

Let me know if you need any more information, i'll try to help.

For your information my timezone is GMT.
joe771
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop