Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multi-monitor positions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multi-monitor positions
Multi-monitor positions 7 Years ago  
Interesting little one here for you:

Running windows XP SP2 with 2 monitors from a dual DVI graphics card. The primary one is 1600*1200 the 2ndary runs in 1280*1024 and is positioned, logically and physically, to the right of the primary.

Rainlendar is set up on the secondary monitor, the the whole year calendar on the left hand edge, the classic rainlendar calendar view to the right of it with events and todo below the calendar view.

All is happy.

Except when I go to LANS - I only take the primary monitor with me to lans so don't see rainlendar - it loads at its set pixel position which nolonger exists. This is expected behaviour.

What gets interesting is when i get back home and reconnect to the secondary - rainlendar appears, with all of the rainlendar windows on the left hand edge of the secondary monitor, but overlapping slightly with the primary: so the week numbers abd half the numbers for the 1st days of the week are on the rpimary monitor, the rest are all on the secondary. This only happens when the secondary is reconnected - when there is only the primary monitor the calendar is way of screen (presumably still trying to be drawn in its original position). From what I can tell the windows retain their vertical positions, its just their horizontal ones that suddenyl all shift (and shift by different amounts - normally the rainlendar view is to the right of the year calendar view, when this happens they overlap with both their left hand edges level).

Appreciate this is probably a low priority bug.
draconas
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multi-monitor positions 7 Years ago  
This is most likely caused by the feature which tries to keep the windows on the desktop area. You can disable it from Options->Advanced->Keep on screen (build 34 or newer required).
Rainy
graph

Don't mean to sound really stupid, but where can i get build 34? I jsut used the download page and it got me build 32, dated 1st jan 2007.
draconas
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop