Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Linux: undefined symbol: XineramaIsActive
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Linux: undefined symbol: XineramaIsActive
Linux: undefined symbol: XineramaIsActive 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
./rainlendar2
./rainlendar2: symbol lookup error: ./rainlendar2: undefined symbol: XineramaIsActive

How to fix this?
vmk
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Linux: undefined symbol: XineramaIsActive 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
Found www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_easyfaq&Itemid=26#faq24 but this is a bad work around.

Is there a clean method?
vmk
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

How is that a bad workaround?
Rainy
graph

Xinerama-Support is certainly a good idea, no question.

But why need i an system which supports Xinerama for rainlendar? I used gentoo on a desktop system with xinerama and on my laptop with without it. Rainlendar is the first application, which depends on Xinerama-Support in the X-Subsystem/Libraries. Many applications supports Xinerama as a feature, not as an dependency - Rainlendar depends on it.

It's just like an optional ipv6-support. Some user request this, it will be optional supported. But suddenly application starts only, if there is a configured ipv6-network.
vmk
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Well, Gentoo usually doesn't have this kind of dependency problems since the applications are recompiled when they are installed. The same cannot be done with Rainlendar since it's not open source.

Anyway, the dependency to Xinerama comes from the wxWidgets framework that I'm using. I could recompile Rainlendar without the multimonitor support to get rid of the dependency but there would be many people who wouldn't like that (I included).
Rainy
graph

Re:Linux: undefined symbol: XineramaIsActive 7 Years, 3 Months ago  
Rainy wrote:
Well, Gentoo usually doesn't have this kind of dependency problems since the applications are recompiled when they are installed.

No, not recompiled. The are compiled with *my personal* use flags. For example, i have no xinerama, no ipv6 and no kde as an use flag. But the apps run. They check, if my system supports ipv6/xinemara/etc and use this feature if my system supports it. My Firefox has no support for ipv6 - I doesn't use ipv6 anywhere. But Firefox runs!

The same cannot be done with Rainlendar since it's not open source.

Then it is so more important to check the system before using a feature.

Anyway, the dependency to Xinerama comes from the wxWidgets framework that I'm using. I could recompile Rainlendar without the multimonitor support to get rid of the dependency but there would be many people who wouldn't like that (I included).

Is it not possible to check for xinemara and use this feature only if i have it?
vmk
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop