Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Manager/Import window issues
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Manager/Import window issues
Manager/Import window issues 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Hi!

When I click cancel in the file dialog of the import function, a message box ("import failed") shows. In fact, no import happened at all...

Changing events in the manager window resorts the whole import list after confirming the changes. This should not happen (except for the changed entry).

After importing my old Rainlendar stuff an alarm window appeared (for an entry that was scheduled yesterday). The window looked fine, but refused to disappear; the 'dismiss' and 'snooze' buttons are grey (yes, it's still there while I'm writing this...), and it won't budge...

Some events have an end date, some don't. I personally like e.g. birthdays without (makes it easier to delete old entries, I always sort by end date).
But this is not the point, the point is, some events have no end date shown in the list, but opening the event details shows an end date... And here's something really funny about it: after importing another rainlendar ini file (I accidentally imported an old one first) suddenly all events had an end date. And (getting better): I was curious so I imported the old file again, and then there were also end dates, and I found no way to reproduce this effect, so this is just for your information...

I think the import should convert old Rainlendars 'Holiday' to new Rainlendars 'Public Holiday'; would have saved me some time correcting strings *g*

btw: very nice, this new version!!

Thanks for reading,
s.
mni
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Manager/Import window issues 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
the strings in the Manager are not translated (I'm using the german language pack).
mni
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

additional information on 3.
imported birthdays have an end date, but after I open the event (double click) and closing it (with OK) the end date disappears...
mni
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

*g* another bug:
the end date in the event details mask is always one day before the date shown in the manager.
This means: End date = Start date, event details show End date = one day before start date...
mni
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

1. Will be fixed in the next build.
2. True, but it's much easier to implement this way .
3. Did you have the Manager open? It's a modal window so you cannot do anything with the other Rainlendar windows while it's open.
4. The manager doesn't show the end date if it's invalid or not defined at all. I'm not sure though what causes that in your case.
5. I had to make some compromises with the categories since combining everything from old Rainlendar, Outlook and Sunbird would have made the list too long (and it still is). Anyway, the ics-files are just text files so changing the strings can be done also with a text editor which probably is easier than with the calendar.
6. I tried with the latest German language file and they seemed to be ok...
7. Will be fixed in the next build.
Rainy
graph

to 2.
i can really understand that (that's how I'm implementing stuff when the boss sets impossible deadlines), but try changing a lot of events in the manager window and you want e.g. only birthdays, so you sort birthdays, but after editing one birthday you'd have to sort again and this can be quite annoying. At least I would be really happy if you could implement that, because this was something that was not funny in the old rainlendar, too...

to 3.
the window appeared right after the import, so yes, the manager was open, BUT: I was abled to work with rainlendar, and: I was abled to close the manager, doubleclick the event and disable it's alarm, and then the window disappeared...
btw: it was an event with an alarm that was the day before the import (i.e. imported fri 10am, event was thu 2pm)

to 4.
my post "additional information on 3." was a type-o, I meant "...in 4."
the end date only appeared after importing, but disappeared after editing the event (even if nothing changed in the event, just klicking OK made the date disappear)

to 5.
it's not really a bug, and I can really live with that

to 6.
I just downloaded the latest german 5 minutes ago, and it's the same I used 2 days ago, and the manager still shows the wrong words;
it's not the headers, it's the event texts, e.g.
some show "Eimalig", others show "Yearly" or "Weekly"; every event type is not translated (it still says e.g. "Birthday" instead of "Geburtstag"); the manager window itself is translated correctly (as far as I can see)
mni
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop