Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Low pri - Window geometry - oddity
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Low pri - Window geometry - oddity
Low pri - Window geometry - oddity 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
Not really a bug. Just for info in case you are playing around with geometry:

My laptop has 1280x768 pixels, my external lcd 1600x1200. If I stand-by (XP, Rainlendar running) from laptop and start with connected lcd, I get a funny effect on 2.2 (b46) - which I have not noticed on previous builds.

When I change the months (buttons with Global_ShowMonth...), the windows (todo, event, month, dual-month) jump on top of each other. It is as if they are confused as to where they live and return to default. I move the windows back in place, and next time I try to change windows, they jump back. I restart R2, no problem.

Not a problem, actually it is quite funny. (Also, it could be my skin, I guess, will check with standard skin later).

ok
okh
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
okhoff
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Low pri - Window geometry - oddity 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
I wonder if it's caused by the change in the desktop resolution. Does it happen also if you keep the calendar in the top left corner?
Rainy
graph

Re:Low pri - Window geometry - oddity 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
Some attempts at recreating.

This appears to be the logic of it: If Rainlendar is started on a small screen - and later finds that a window is moved itself outside the original screen area - it will move Event and To-do list windows back into original field of visibility when you: change month, refresh, (probably more).

But here is the funny part, when I added an event, the Eventlist window moved back (outside the original field of vision).

In sum, this probably works like it should. What makes a window move back into view is a good thing. It is not going to happen often. And starting Rainlendar again, solves everything.

But the effect is quite funny.

ok
okh
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
okhoff

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop