Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Automatically assignment of events to two cals
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Automatically assignment of events to two cals
Automatically assignment of events to two cals 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hi,

currently I am using Rainlendar with three calendards (all rainlendar native ICS on an CIFS/SMB share):

1. Events (this is the one I really use) [cal status : Active, write enabled, no predefined category, monitor changes]
2. Feasts/holidays [cal status: Active, read-only, pre-defined: Holidays, monitor changes]
3. Birthdays [cal status: Active, write-enabled, pre-defined: Birthdays, monitor changes]

I added the third one some days ago. It was created using rainlendar on another PC.
Afterwards all events from the first calendar are getting automatically assigned to the third calendar as well. Even if I remove an event and assign it only to the first calendar it takes rainlendar only about two seconds and the event is again assigned to cal 1 and 3!
The strange thing is that the assignement to cal 1 and three is never written to file. The ICS of cal 1 still contains my regular events and cal 3 the birthdays.
jprain
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Automatically assignment of events to two cals 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
So, Rainlendar shows that the event is in two calendars when it's only in one? Could you check from the ics files that the all the event identifiers (the UID field) are unique?
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

BTW: I did not mentioned it in my first post, but I am using Rainlendar 2.2 b44 (2007-07-23) on Windows XP.

I performed the following command on my calendar files:

cat *.ics | grep UID | sort

But I did not observe any duplicate UIDs.

Test 1:
When I disable the birthday calendar all events are going back to their normal state. If I re-enable it all events are immediately changed to be in both calendars 1 and 3).

Test 2:
I modified my birthday calendar so that it only contains:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
END:VCALENDAR

Then I restarted Rainlendar and again all entries are automatically assigned to both calendars.

This bug is really strange...
jprain
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Could you run Rainlendar with debugging enabled (i.e. with --debug command line argument) and sent me (rainy@iki.fi) the log file? I could take a look at it and see if it'll help me to figure out where things go wrong.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop