Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Right click causes freeze
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1...56789101112
TOPIC: Right click causes freeze
Re:Right click causes freeze 5 Years ago  
A freeze when a context menu should be shown sounds like a problem in gtk or in some other lower level component so there really isn't anything I can do about it. Especially since I cannot reproduce the problem myself. If you cannot use the application just send your purchase information to the sales address and I'll give you your money back.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Currently it's not only the context menu. With the current version (2.6), Rainlendar causes my keyboard to be unusable system-wide, instantly after starting it. I have to switch to another tty and manually kill the rainlendar process to be able to use the keyboard again. I'm not sure if that's really a GTK-only issue.

Did you try to install Arch Linux and reproduce the problem?
Alp
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
ICQ#: 175512860 Gender: Male alportac@gmail.com

I have Arch Linux installation in a VMware and Rainlendar seems to work just fine in it as long as the images are removed from the buttons since it caused crashing in Arch. I also have not received any similar error reports from other Linux distros.
Rainy
graph

That's really sad. Well, i don't know how to solve that problem though :/ (The image removal isn't enough here)
Alp
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
ICQ#: 175512860 Gender: Male alportac@gmail.com

Re:Right click causes freeze 4 Years, 11 Months ago  
I have a similar problem when trying to add a new calendar file to my rainlendar:

Code:

(rainlendar2:13375): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-cancel' for stock: Fatal error reading PNG image file: out of place IDAT
Segmentation fault

I guess this problem occurs because rainlendar is statically linked with a different libpng version that the system GTK library is using. PNG related strings in the 'rainlendar2' binary suggest that.
As Rainlendar is dynamically linked with GTK anyway, it should not include its own version of libpng. This way only one libpng version would be used and there would be no conflict.

On the other hand, dynamically linking rainlendar with an incompatible libpng version would also cause problems. Maybe using gtk interface for accessing PNG image (and no need to directly link libpng) would be enough?

BTW I am thinking about purchasing the Pro version… though, not with such a bug.
Jajcus
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Right click causes freeze 4 Years, 11 Months ago  
Do you have some more details about this? The png library in build 82 is 1.2.7 and in build 83 it is 1.2.34. The libpng in my Ubuntu is 1.2.15 and everything works just fine. If the problem is caused by incompatible libraries why this happens only on Arch Linux but not on other distros?
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1...56789101112
get the latest posts directly to your desktop