Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Todo recurrence problem
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Todo recurrence problem
Re:Todo recurrence problem 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
Looks like the problem still exists.
Do you know any trick to make the TODO recurrence work? Maybe a bigger interval between Start and Due? Or no Start? Or anything else? This feature is important for me too.
ofawb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Todo recurrence problem 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
Can you describe what exactly is still the problem?
Rainy
graph

Well, it's for my skill training every morning and it is in Russian.
I create a todo list where every item starts (appr. 5 a.m.) and ends (appr. 8 a.m.) one minute later than previous one (it's for sort order). Recurrence for every item is 1 Day. The first day it works just fine - I've marked them "Completed" and with Hide Completed Task and Hide Upcoming Task they disappeared from my desktop. But next morning I've seen nothing. I've unchecked Hide Upcoming Task and there were A LOT of my todo items repeating until infinity. I hope I just did something wrong and you can tell me the decision.

If nothing was wrong in my Todo, I'll create test todo list, watch it for a couple of days and write you again with screenshots. I cannot do this right now because I've re-entered my todo list yesterday evening, and this morning it works just fine again.

BTW, one todo has to be started from the 1 of May, but it appears now. I've add Exeption Day until the 1 of May and it's disappeared, but does a way of adding postponed but reccurent todos exist?<br><br>Post edited by: ofawb, at: 2007/04/25 00:34
ofawb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Sorry, sorry! My mistake! I guess I understood my problem. My first sort order was By Category, and I just did not see that I've &quot;completed&quot; my todos for few days ahead. Right now my first sort order is By Start, it works absolutely wonderful.

But it would be convenient to have one more column in Manager - next time for Start (or Due). I mean if I mistake and mark an item as Completed, I cannot return it in today's todo. Or can I? Of course, I guess I could edit everything in calendar file directly. Am I right?
ofawb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

No, it's not possible to go back once you have marked a recurring task completed. When you set a recurring task completed Rainlendar will change the completed date and reset the state to &quot;Needs action&quot;. The next date for the task is calculated from the completed date. So, currently the only way to undo a mistake is to edit the ics-file manually and set the completed date (COMPLETED) to some earlier time.

And yes, it would be nice to have the task's actual start and due times visible in the manager (for events too). I'll try to do something about it.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop