Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Localization of Birthdays and Anniversaries
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Localization of Birthdays and Anniversaries
Localization of Birthdays and Anniversaries 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hi,

I changed the category names to German - in the elements file as well as in advanced settings. The birthdays and anniversaries are now not properly detected by rainlendar. Curiously, if I type in "birthday" at the category field by hand, Rainlendar2 identifies this correctly and changes the category name to the German word "Geburtstag" automatically. But if I select "Geburtstag" from the list, this date will not be identified as birthday. Is there any possibility to let identify Rainlendar2 "Geburtstag" as "birthday" and "Jahrestag" as anniversary?

Regards,
Martin
Martin Butter
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Localization of Birthdays and Anniversaries 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
Martin Butter wrote:
I changed the category names to German - in the elements file as well as in advanced settings. The birthdays and anniversaries are now not properly detected by rainlendar. Curiously, if I type in "birthday" at the category field by hand, Rainlendar2 identifies this correctly and changes the category name to the German word "Geburtstag" automatically. But if I select "Geburtstag" from the list, this date will not be identified as birthday. Is there any possibility to let identify Rainlendar2 "Geburtstag" as "birthday" and "Jahrestag" as anniversary?
I'm the Dutch translator of Rainlendar and I don't recognized your problem. I think your problem is caused by the translation in the advanced settings. In my Dutch version of Rainlendar there is only one place where the categories are translated: in the language-file (rainlendar2.po) itself: #: Application/Resource.h:226 till #: Application/Resource.h:251, where the 'msgid' is the English term and the 'msgstr' the Dutch translation. In this way the English ID is linked to the Dutch textstring.
So, set the DefaultCategories in the Advanced settings back to its default and try again.<br><br>Post edited by: Alf, at: 2006/12/07 13:55
Alf
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Dutch translator of Rainlendar

You are right - now it works!

Thanks a lot!
Martin
Martin Butter
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Martin Butter wrote:
You are right - now it works!

Thanks a lot!
Martin

You're welcome. Glad I could help you.
Alf
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Dutch translator of Rainlendar

Re:Localization of Birthdays and Anniversaries 7 Years ago  
Hello, i have a problem that i think is likely to be the same as this one.

I'm a spanish user of Rainlendar 2 Pro, with Shadow4 sking working in spanish, as well as all the menus and options. I'm also using the Outlook plugin.

My problem is that in order for Rainlendar to recognize the Outlook categories and show them right, i had to translate them all (in Outlook) into english, as i read here that the factory default advanced options should be left in Rainlendar - including the category names.

Is there any way to let the Outlook categories into spanish and make Rainlendar recognize and show them right?

Thank you very much.
jago84
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Localization of Birthdays and Anniversaries 7 Years ago  
Currently the only way is to translate the category names in the skin file. I'll check if it's possible to use the localized strings automatically.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop