Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

changing the day names
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: changing the day names
changing the day names 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
Hello:
I'm trying to change the names of the days into Spanish. I've downloaded the spanish languaje pack, and it changes the menu options from rainlendar, but doesn't change the day name nor the month names. How can I achieve this ?

Regards,
Sánchez
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:changing the day names 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
From the website languagepage:
NOTE If the skin uses bitmaps to draw the months and days, changing the language of the user interface does not affect the calendar on the desktop. To fully localize the application you can download the Shadow4.r2skin-addon which contains localized versions of the bitmaps for the default skin. Note that the file extension must be ".r2skin-addon". If your browser tries to suggest something else (e.g. ".zip") you need to manually change the extension back to its original form.
Alf
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Dutch translator of Rainlendar

Re:changing the day names 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
Hello,

i'm a new user of this really nice little program. Thanks to the designer and to make it free too! Now i'm using the localized french language with version 2.0.2. I download the "shadow4.r2skin-addon" which you mention can get me the months-days in french. I put it in the skin directory but i am not sure what to do next since the bipmaps are still in english.
TX<br><br>Post edited by: armagedon, at: 2007/02/09 17:32
armagedon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

If you did a search in the forum, read the FAQ on the website or the Rainlendar Helpfile, you could have found this:

From the FAQ:
How can I install skins or languages?
To install new skins (.r2skin) you can just drag and drop the file over one of the Rainlendar's windows and it will be installed automatically. In Windows you can install the skin also just by double clicking it.
The languages (.r2lang) can be installed the same way as the new skins (i.e. by double clicking or dropping).

Note that if your web browser tries to suggest a different file extension for the new format skins instead of the &quot;.r2skin&quot; you need to rename the file back to its original form. But do this only if the original file had &quot;.r2skin&quot; extension. Renaming old format skins will not work.

From the Rainlendar Helpfile:
Skins
Windows: Just double click the skin file (.r2skin) and it gets installed automatically. Or drop the file over one of the Rainlendar's windows.
Alf
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Thanks Alf, ok ok, mea culpa!, i've tried to be too smart and just copy it in the skin directory. It's much more simple. Still the file was .r2skin-addon which is not in the helpfile.
Btw, shouldn't this file be part of the main distribution as well ? It's not too big.
armagedon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

armagedon wrote:
Still the file was .r2skin-addon which is not in the helpfile.
No, but it is explained on the languages page. See my post above here: 'From the website languagepage'...
Btw, shouldn't this file be part of the main distribution as well ? It's not too big.
I think the english interface is the most used one, so distributing all the languages files and the translated skin is a bit overdone. If a user wants Rainlendar in another language, he/she downloads/installs the language file and the translated skin. That's simple.
Alf
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop