Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

changing the day names
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: changing the day names
Re:changing the day names 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Got it Alf, but if you're offering a quick button for a localised change and it doesn't get the bitmap file as well, we're screwed. It's beyond most users to skim through help files and forums for the correct translation. The program is so tiny, as the languages packs, that it could include all of them as some programs does, like Skype etc. Just trying to improve the release, it'll be just a bonus for us.
Bye:P
armagedon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

armagedon wrote:
Got it Alf, but if you're offering a quick button for a localised change and it doesn't get the bitmap file as well, we're screwed. It's beyond most users to skim through help files and forums for the correct translation.They don't have to, the file is on the same page as the language files.

The program is so tiny, as the languages packs, that it could include all of them as some programs does, like Skype etc. Just trying to improve the release, it'll be just a bonus for us.Well, I'm not the developer of the program, just a heavenly user (and translator) and try to help people here a little bit...
When Rainy reads this, perhaps he can convince you...
Alf
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Dutch translator of Rainlendar

Adding the translations to the installation package would double its size (or more importantly the web server's bandwidth requirements) so that's not an option. I can try to make the skin addon's link more visible since a lot of people seem to have problems finding it.
Rainy
graph

Hi Rainy, first, congrats for your excellent little program, well done. Yes so i do recommend to put this file in the distro. Most, if not all the people like me, and i'm not the first comer in computer, will not read the bottom paragraph and simply accept the fact that the calendar does not change. So you're talking about increasing the distro to 5 Mb ? Man, in this age of 25GB HD-movie download, cheap 300 GB hard drives, it's seems so insignificant. I would also include all the languages as well. 10-15 MB is nothing. I don't think it will hit your server that bad. We can then select the needed one during installation. This is not Linux but Windows where it's plug-and-play, not a files hunt or help files, forums skimming like i mention.
Thanks a lot man !

P.S how about an english and international distros like Nvidia ?<br><br>Post edited by: armagedon, at: 2007/02/10 11:47
armagedon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Rainlendar gets about 100k downloads a month so it would mean bandwidth increase from 250 GB to 500 GB per month. And although the server where I have the binaries doesn't have any download limits at the moment this will probably change in the near future so I don't want to increase the bandwidth usage unless I really have to.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop