Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

combined month/year calendar header
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: combined month/year calendar header
combined month/year calendar header 5 Years, 3 Months ago  
This time I'm trying do something simple! I want to combine the current month and year into single text item, so I can centre it at the top of the calendar window. For example, "July 2009". Treating this as one object would allow proper centring of this calendar header/title. I can position "month" and "year" separately around the centre (of course), but they won't centre properly, because the month is usually longer than the year, so it looks uncentred.

I assume this is a combination of setting a variable and then using it in a "text" item. My problem is: from where (or how) do I get the current month and year values? If it is a script function, fine, but I really can't find the right syntax (and I have looked for three days).

I know Rainy is a busy man - I am sure someone else can tell me this. Cheers.
claribel
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:combined month/year calendar header 5 Years, 3 Months ago  
Currently you would have to create a script which updates the month and year in a text element but that probably would cause a noticeable delay which wouldn't look very good. I can add the showmonth property for the time element too so it can be used to show the selected month/year.
Rainy
graph

Re:combined month/year calendar header 5 Years, 3 Months ago  
I've downloaded Build 80 and the new showmonth property you have added in the time element does just what I want. Thank you!
claribel
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop