Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

A Window in a window ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: A Window in a window ?
Re:A Window in a window ? 3 Years, 10 Months ago  
The name of the xml file doesn't matter as long as it is read by the skin. The skin.xml is the main one which reads all the other files. For the OnCreate() scripts you need to create a new function which combines the code from the other initialization functions (or just calls the other functions).
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think I won't be able to do this, my knowledge is not at that point yet. Now I hesitate to buy the prog...grrr..okay here goes again :

I've attached a file to show you what I'm trying to do. The calendar.xml file modified like you wanted me to do, I think. It does not work of course ....but maybe tell me what I'm doing wrong. In this example, the calendar just simply disapears and the other two window stays up.

tsss

thanks.
File Attachment:
File Name: calendar.xml
File Size: 5815
Archange
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

You cannot make up new names for the elements since if Rainlendar doesn't know about them they will be ignored completely. The skin reference in Rainlendar's help describes everything that is supported.

So, you need to remove the <moonphase> and <weatherrik> and change the positions of the image and text elements so that they don't overlap.

You can move the oncreate tag to the <window> element either create a new initalization function to one of the lua files or use either of the existing ones and copy the implementation to there from the one that was left out.
Rainy
graph

Okay for the images, I have no problem at all to positioning them. For the interface too. I'm a graphic designer.

But for the rest, I don't understand what your saying. I give up, I think...lolll

Everything is working perfectly until I try to do the two "on create" thing. You tell me to create a new intitalization function, don't know how to do that. You tell me to just copy the implementation and I don't know how to do that either. From what I understand, I need to put these 3 things together :

1- <window id="Calendar" w="348" h="1034" default="1">
2- <window id="Moonphase" w="55" h="55" default="1" oncreate="Moonphase_Initialize('#SKIN#', '#ID#')">
3- <window id="Weather" w="257" h="150" default="0" oncreate="Shadow4_Weather_Initialize('#SKIN#', '#ID#')">

Number 2 and 3 needs to be in number 1 and I'm lost.

Could this do ?

<window id="Calendar" w="348" h="1034" default="1",id="Moonphase" w="55" h="55" default="1" oncreate="Moonphase_Initialize('#SKIN#', '#ID#')",id="Weather" w="257" h="150" default="0" oncreate="Shadow4_Weather_Initialize('#SKIN#', '#ID#')">

...put everything in one line ????

Otherwise, I will create a skin that will have transparent windows and position the weather and moonphase behind the calendar. See through...

Thanks.
Archange
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

No, you cannot define the size or other properties for the window multiple times. If you cannot get this to work just finish the skin with the proper layout, post a link to it and I'll show how to combine scripts into one function which can be then used in the "oncreate" tag.
Rainy
graph

How do I do a link to it ? It's not on the internet but on my computer

Thanks
Archange
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop