Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Show spec. ToDo via key shortcut & autohotkey
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Show spec. ToDo via key shortcut & autohotkey
Show spec. ToDo via key shortcut & autohotkey 3 Years, 7 Months ago  
Hello,

I use the same ToDo for a list of things I have to do each day. It's easy to keep those all together.
Anyway, I update this ToDo a couple of times per day and I was wondering if I could not make it pop-up faster than the shortkey for "show windows" and then doube-clicking the specific ToDo.
I am even thinking of 2 options that would be very usefull for me:
  1. key shortcut that opens that spec. ToDo
  2. a way to open that spec. ToDo via autohotkey (via a Timer script I wrote, so I would need an api access or dll-call or CLI, or anything (autohotkey can do alot)

Can anyone start me on the right way, please? Thanks!
RUBn?
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Show spec. ToDo via key shortcut & autohotkey 3 Years, 7 Months ago  
You can use the function Rainlendar_OpenDialog from the API of Rainlendar2. The
declaration is Rainlendar_OpenDialog(dialog, param).
In your case: Rainlendar_OpenDialog("Todo", UID) where UID is the Unique Identification Number of your task/todo.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Thanks! I haven't searched for that function yet, so that saves time, but what I really need to know now is, resp in my requests above:
1. how to link that function to a (Rainlendar) hotkey
2. how to access the rainlendar api from within autohotkey. (E.g. if via simple dll call, which dll,..or which CLI, or is it .Net/com object, or...). In other words: I have no idea how to tell autohotkey to talk to rainlendar (and then use your function you mentioned).
RUBn?
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The hotkeys works with functions starting with "Hotkey_", e.g. Hotkey_Edit_This_Task(). (see the hotkeys.lua file in the app folder).
After you have done the function (in this case, using the API I tell you before), you need to open the Options dialog, go to Hotkeys tab, select on the Actions list the hotkey you created and in the textbox below set the key combination (e.g. Ctrl+U)

If, for example, you're using Windows, go to C:\Program files\Rainlendar2\scripts and create here the Lua file. But be careful to have a backup when you uninstall or reinstall Rainlendar.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/04/26 11:15 By Jorge_Luis.Reason: More info

Dow! I should have known this! Sorry, but thanks alot!

For the Autohotkey request, I think I can just make autohotkey to simulate the hotkey, made with this solution.

But if someone know how to access Rainlendar (API) via Autohotkey directly, let me know.

P.S. I think of it now, but maybe people on this forum don't realize, but Autohotkey is a (macro) program/scipter.
RUBn?
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I'm one of those people... because until now I didn't thought that Autohotkey was a program.
I found in the help file of Rainlendar (always the better site to find something), the command line argument -e or --execute. (User Guide/Options/Command Line Arguments):
Executes the given function in a lua script. The script must have been loaded by Rainlendar (i.e. it must be used by the current skin or the file needs to be located in the Rainlendar's scripts folder).

I think that with this you will have complete what you want. I never tried this before, but I think it should work.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop