Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

customising alert balloons
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: customising alert balloons
customising alert balloons 3 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hi there

Hope this is the right area to post this query (didn't think it quite came under skinning)!?

When I was using version 2.8.1 32bit I had been thinking about attempting to tweak the alert balloons (if that's what they're called - those speech bubble things that appear when you hover over a day allocated with an event)and the font styles/colours within them. After having updated to 2.9 (b111)32bit my desire to do so increased (sorry, but it just doesn't fit with my desktop aesthetics - the balloons/bubbles in 2.8.1 had been very nearly ok).

How would I go about this???? I can't find any graphics anywhere that could be replaced so I'm guessing they are constructed in code somewhere?????

Any help you could give me would be most appreciated - I only dabble in code but am always willing to learn.

Cheers in advance
celticrenaissance
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: customising alert balloons 3 Years, 4 Months ago  
Welcome to the forum, celticrenaissance.

Yes, it's more a skin thing. For the default skin (Shadow4), the "alert balloon" or tooltip is codified in the /xml/tooltip.xml file inside Shadow4.r2skin (a zip file). The fonts and colours for each event are based on its categories.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

nice one. will look into that tomorrow. wee query though... i've been using a mod of clearskin (customize.org/rainlendar/skins/42647). why then is it that the balloons changed when i upgraded rainlendar itself and not when i made any adjustments to clearskin????
celticrenaissance
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

You can use only one tooltip. To see which you are using: right click -> Options -> Skins -> Advanced>>> -> in the right side, open the Tooltip branch. Also, the tooltip can have window's (internal) options.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

There doesn't appear to be an equivalent file in the Clearskin skin (just graphics and ini files).
in the English.ini file is the script...

[Tooltip]
ToolTipFontColor=0
ToolTipBGColor=FFFFFF
ToolTipFont=-11/0/0/0/400/0/0/0/0/3/2/1/34/Trechubet MS

Any further suggestions? Still confused about the change occurring when i upgraded Rainlendar itself and not the skin??

Sorry; a bit lost now!
celticrenaissance
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Of course you will be lost.
That skin use the old version of Rainlendar (or Rainlendar 0.22.1).

To convert to the new format check this post: www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=9&id=13427
You will need to install Python.

Or here you have the converted version. (inside the zip file there is a .r2skin)

(Maybe you don't know but you can use all the windows from that skin but use the tooltip from Shadow4. Click on Advanced>>> in the Options/Skins tab. The open the left tree, select the tooltip from Shadow4 and then click on the Right arrow)

File Attachment:
File Name: ClearskinforRainlendar_byjid1_0.zip
File Size: 99609
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop