Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Yahoo weather widget for Shadow4
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Yahoo weather widget for Shadow4
Re:Yahoo weather widget for Shadow4 2 Years, 3 Months ago  
@Anoob:

Nice looking skin, so it's possible to have 5 days of forecast for Yahoo weather!

However, the skin doesn't fit the standard Shadow4 skin. It's wider then the rest.

I really would like Rainy to include that code and have this widget looking seamless with the rest. Like monochrome weather graphics, same width etc ..
Loom
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Yahoo weather widget for Shadow4 1 Year, 9 Months ago  
Hello, I just discovered Rainlendar 4 days ago and I must first say what an amazingly wonderfull program it is. I had many questions, but thanks to the detailed help files and search button on this forum, all have been answered.

I've now installed the widgets pack and after a few bumps in the road, everything is working perfectly. Since I know barely nothing about coding, I have only one question/request:

anoob wrote:
I created a Yahoo-Weather skin, it can forecast 5 days, so I named it as "Yahoo5Weather".

Is there a way to show the "wind chill factor" or "feels like temperature" for 5 days just under the actual temperature at the very bottom?
I'm aware the wind chill is shown in the tooltip box but only for the current day and up here in Canada, what the temperature will feel like is much more important that what it's reported to be.

I've been dabbling with making custom skins so if somene could recommend which files to modify and which lines of code to add to make this work, I'd really appreciate it.

Even if this isn't possible, I extend my sincerest thanks, and keep up the great work.
SereneSavage
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Welcome to join the forum, SereneSavage.

Unfortunately, Currently, Your needs can not be reached, because the original source of I reference only to provide the details of the current day.
For other days, only to provide the forecast of status and temperatures(low & high).

So, unless find a new source that to provide the details for every day, I will no way to add any things.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

You're right! I'm so embarrassed.

I got this webpage (www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0696) confused with yahoo's because yahoo uses the weather channel but this page is the weather network.

Is there any way to use this site as a source?
SereneSavage
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

I try to view the site, but unfortunately, I can not resolve its information, that is, I can not intercept the data needed, because of its heavy use of java variable, so sorry, I can not reach your needs.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

I understand. I hate java now.

This is just and idea, can rainlendar calculate formulas?

This site en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_chill#cite_note-10 gives the formula to calculate wind chill using only temperature and wind speed, and yahoo does provide both for 5 days.

In excel this formula works correctly for temperature in celcius and wind in km/h :
=13.12+0.6215*temperature-11.37*POWER(wind,0.16)+0.3965*temperature*POWER(wind,0.16)

Do you think this is too complicated for the rainlendar software to handle?

(I'm thinking yes, but it's worth a try.)
SereneSavage
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop