Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Yahoo weather widget for Shadow4
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Yahoo weather widget for Shadow4
Re:Yahoo weather widget for Shadow4 2 Years, 2 Months ago  
Feel free to call me an idiot, but I can't figure out where I'm supposed to enter the code for my city. The only place I see to enter a code is in Options > Skins > Weather > Settings, where there's a row called "Weather City." When I first opened the settings there was a text entry there of "Tampere." I put in the code from the Yahoo URL (for me: 12798883). Nothing. So I went back and put in the text name of my city in that box. Still nothing. I'm clearly being amazingly dense about this, but I cannot figure it out.

Please help before I put my keyboard through a wall.

Thanks.

[And of course, I just realized this went into the scripting thread, which isn't the place for it. Sorry.]
Alecto
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/09/09 14:36 By Alecto.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Welcome to the forum, Alecto.
If you see "Weather City", that mean you are using the wrong widget.
Please go: Option... > Skins, then find YahooWeather and setting it.
(if not see YahooWeather, please re-download and install.
www.rainlendar.net/download/skins/YahooWeather.r2skin)

anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Scusate se mi intrometto, ma anch'io sto seguendo questo argomento perch ho lo stesso problema.
Io non riesco a capire dove deve essere copiato il file Yahoo weather.

Con OS Windows XP se lo metto nel percorso C:\Programmi\rainlendar2\skins (dove c' gi shadow4), quando vado a modificare le preferenze in opzioni/skins/avanzate non vedo il file di yahoo come riportato nell'immagine della risposta precedente (che fa parte di shadow4) ma a parte come se fosse un'altra skin. Infatti se lo seleziono compare solo la scheda del meteo e per avere anche shadow4 devo aprire un'altra istanza di rainlendar. Probabilmente mi sfugge qualcosa di importante. Anche nel percorso C:\documents and settings\utente\_rainlendar2 esiste una cartella chiamata skins. Grazie.
galdino
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

[Traduzione di Google]
@galdino, In primo luogo, forse il titolo ha causato un malinteso, YahooWeather una pelle indipendente, invece di addon di shadow4.
E si pu mettere in "C:\Program Files\Rainlendar2\skins\" o "C:\Documents and settings\[nome utente]\.Rainlendar2\skins\", sta lavorando bene entrambi.

@galdino, First, maybe the title caused a misunderstanding, YahooWeather is a independent skin, instead of shadow4's addon.
And you can put it in "C:\Program Files\Rainlendar2\skins\" or "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\.Rainlendar2\skins\",
both working well.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/09/10 12:02 By anoob.
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

any way to change the temperature strings "Lo:/Hi:" to "Min.:/Max.:" ?

This way it would be correct in english AND in german. And probably in other languages aswell.

That might be better. I'll change it.
Rainy
graph

I created a Yahoo-Weather skin, it can forecast 5 days, so I named it as "Yahoo5Weather".
Use this skin, you do not need to find "woeid", only need input the city-name, U.S.ZIP Code,or weather-code (like "wc:TWXX0019", if city-name can not working.) for the weather location.
enjoy!

File download:
customize.org/rainlendar/skins/91083
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/09/13 13:29 By anoob.

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop