Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Yahoo weather widget for Shadow4
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Yahoo weather widget for Shadow4
Re:Yahoo weather widget for Shadow4 1 Year, 11 Months ago  
Feel free to call me an idiot, but I can't figure out where I'm supposed to enter the code for my city. The only place I see to enter a code is in Options > Skins > Weather > Settings, where there's a row called "Weather City." When I first opened the settings there was a text entry there of "Tampere." I put in the code from the Yahoo URL (for me: 12798883). Nothing. So I went back and put in the text name of my city in that box. Still nothing. I'm clearly being amazingly dense about this, but I cannot figure it out.

Please help before I put my keyboard through a wall.

Thanks.

[And of course, I just realized this went into the scripting thread, which isn't the place for it. Sorry.]
Alecto
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/09/09 14:36 By Alecto.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Welcome to the forum, Alecto.
If you see "Weather City", that mean you are using the wrong widget.
Please go: Option... > Skins, then find YahooWeather and setting it.
(if not see YahooWeather, please re-download and install.
www.rainlendar.net/download/skins/YahooWeather.r2skin)

anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Scusate se mi intrometto, ma anch'io sto seguendo questo argomento perch ho lo stesso problema.
Io non riesco a capire dove deve essere copiato il file Yahoo weather.

Con OS Windows XP se lo metto nel percorso C:\Programmi\rainlendar2\skins (dove c' gi shadow4), quando vado a modificare le preferenze in opzioni/skins/avanzate non vedo il file di yahoo come riportato nell'immagine della risposta precedente (che fa parte di shadow4) ma a parte come se fosse un'altra skin. Infatti se lo seleziono compare solo la scheda del meteo e per avere anche shadow4 devo aprire un'altra istanza di rainlendar. Probabilmente mi sfugge qualcosa di importante. Anche nel percorso C:\documents and settings\utente\_rainlendar2 esiste una cartella chiamata skins. Grazie.
galdino
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

[Traduzione di Google]
@galdino, In primo luogo, forse il titolo ha causato un malinteso, YahooWeather una pelle indipendente, invece di addon di shadow4.
E si pu mettere in "C:\Program Files\Rainlendar2\skins\" o "C:\Documents and settings\[nome utente]\.Rainlendar2\skins\", sta lavorando bene entrambi.

@galdino, First, maybe the title caused a misunderstanding, YahooWeather is a independent skin, instead of shadow4's addon.
And you can put it in "C:\Program Files\Rainlendar2\skins\" or "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\.Rainlendar2\skins\",
both working well.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/09/10 12:02 By anoob.
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

any way to change the temperature strings "Lo:/Hi:" to "Min.:/Max.:" ?

This way it would be correct in english AND in german. And probably in other languages aswell.

That might be better. I'll change it.
Rainy
graph

I created a Yahoo-Weather skin, it can forecast 5 days, so I named it as "Yahoo5Weather".
Use this skin, you do not need to find "woeid", only need input the city-name, U.S.ZIP Code,or weather-code (like "wc:TWXX0019", if city-name can not working.) for the weather location.
enjoy!

File download:
customize.org/rainlendar/skins/91083
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/09/13 13:29 By anoob.

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop