Update: It turns out I'm more stubborn than I expected. I have a working window now. Here is the whole skin because I do not know how to turn it into a widget or to make it installable. It needs to be looked at by a professional, because even after all this, I *still* consider myself as not knowing Lua.
It works quickly now. The time delay issues I experienced before were due to the photo widget timer trying to fire 18 times.
It is finished as far as movies go, but I plan to write a tv show portion (I am trying to decide on the design now) and add that later.
1. If you point the movie folder to something with a mix of different files, it will treat all files as movies (pictures, documents, exe files, whatever) and list them as movie titles. I could fix that but there are so many different extensions for actual movie files (.divx, .mkv, .flv, .mov, .avi, .mpg, .mp4, etc) that I worry I'd leave something out. So for now, just make sure your folder only contains movies, and that there are no subfolders (or it will search those too).
2. Same thing with the pictures folder. But here if the picture filename does not match exactly with the movie filename (not including extensions), the file will be ignored.
3. As far as I know, it cannot list any filename containing special characters. (I found and fixed the apostrophe issue, files can now contain apostrophes.) You can test it by using any movie and any picture as long as the filenames match. I found the best pictures to use are dvd covers from the IMDb website.
Things I need help with:
1. I took out the timer because I didnt need it. I don't know if the "OnPowerResume" fuction will now run correctly.
2. I have toggle windows. Is there a way to make it so that you can move the screen position of one window while the other stays in the same place?
Also, my toggle windows sometimes don't work if Rainlendar is focusing on another window (such as the weather widget). I cannot seem to figure out how to fix this.
Edit: the zip file is too big to upload because I used the all languages Shadow4 skin. Working to resolve this now.