Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Amazlendar Raining
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Amazlendar Raining
Amazlendar Raining 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
Hi there.

I'm unsure if i've selected the proper forum for posting this rather "random" inquiry, but i'll give it a go anyway.

it occurs to me how amazingly well Rainlendar takes the data from my Google calendar, the .ics file, and does what it does with it-- that is, essentially gives me an all-day-long Desktop view of my own Life Events. it's awesome, really.

but the point here-- if rainlendar can do it-- then why couldn't i take that same info and aggregate it into a web site? you might read that as an Inquiry: is there a web component Rainlendar in the works? something that i could essentially "plug-in" to my server-side scripted web site (perhaps depending upon the scripting language)?

Rainlendar gives us such a practical viewpoint-- it would be great to be able to "include"-- not unlike the Yahoo My Web "badge", or perhaps-- like Magpie RSS (an RSS aggregation component which php developers are free to use to display his or her feed of choice).

I read of the API... is that what this is going to do?

i suppose it wouldn't have to be a Rainlendar-specific item, but i inquire here because i believe there's high wisdom of such design: if i want to display info from the Google .ics file on my own web site, how might i approach the project? do you know of an existing script floating around i might use? does Rainlendar have something of this description in mind?

thank you! and thanks for Rainlendar Lite!
fedoracore
The twitter you face, the blogger you get
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
NoviceNotes™ Location: Malkovich
The administrator has disabled public write access.
After all, Joe Walsh knew: the twitter you face, the blogger you get

Re:Amazlendar Raining 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
There are no plans for a web component for Rainlendar but Google Calendar does have an API which can be used get its events to your webpage.

code.google.com/apis/calendar/overview.html

You can find few projects that use the API from here:

groups.google.com/group/google-calendar-help-dataapi/web/share-your-project
Rainy
graph

Re:Amazlendar Raining 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
Rainy,

Thank you very much for the information. I knew i'd find an answer here!

fedoracore
The twitter you face, the blogger you get
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
NoviceNotes™ Location: Malkovich
After all, Joe Walsh knew: the twitter you face, the blogger you get

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop