Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Addons for Shadow4 skin
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1...13141516171819...26
TOPIC: Addons for Shadow4 skin
Re:Addons for Shadow4 skin 5 Years, 6 Months ago  
beaute wrote:
Hi everyboby,

here is a modified version of the weather.xml and weather english background, in order to solve the problem of lack of space in the weather widget.
File Attachment:
File Name: Weather_Modified.zip
File Size: 6760

This is a possibility that can certainly be improved.
However, I hope this will meet aZnBmOnEy until Rainy will make its own changes

Bye !

Thank you so much beaute, it works just fine. I really would modify it myself if i knew how to (I tried .. but turned out horrible). So thanks!!!!
aZnBmOnEy
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

you're welcome, aZnBmOnEy !
If this solution suits you, I happy .
Nevertheless, as I said yesterday, it can certainly be improved. I think it is a little overcrowded, no ?
beaute
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Yes, thank you. However, can you point me to a place that will tell me what to do with the files on my Mac? I'm just not certain where they go. Thanks, again.
mpatterson1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

beaute wrote:
you're welcome, aZnBmOnEy !
If this solution suits you, I happy .
Nevertheless, as I said yesterday, it can certainly be improved. I think it is a little overcrowded, no ?

Yah, the image (cloud, sun, moon, etc.) sometimes overlays the current temperature, but it is still a good revision. However, I think what Rainy had in mind was to remove the 5th day, so the bottom will look like what you have done right now but starts with Today and not Tomorrow. And the top half will just be the way it was (Rainy's version). It would be great if you could modify it to something like that . Thanks for everything.
aZnBmOnEy
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/04/04 14:00 By aZnBmOnEy.

Re:Addons for Shadow4 skin 5 Years, 5 Months ago  
Hi,

Sorry, I was a little long because of internet connection problems.
Here is a possible newer version of the weather widget :
File Attachment:
File Name: Weather_Modified2.zip
File Size: 9208

As you asked it, aZnBmOnEy, I modified the precedent version so one day is removed.
I also add a lua modified version in order to have the conditions of the removed day in the last tooltip. I like this version. I hope you too .

Rainy, if this version suit you, could you verify if I didn't make mistakes. I think no, but it is always possible. The lua file is bigger because of the last tooltip. I don't have found another solution to keep the 5th day informations (if we want to keep them). Thank you.
beaute
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Addons for Shadow4 skin 5 Years, 5 Months ago  
Hello mpatterson1,

I never used a Mac, but if you want to test my files, maybe this can help you.

In Windows, when we have installed Rainlendar and the Shadow4-Widgets.r2skin-addon, we can find the Shadow4 skin (Shadow4.r2skin) in the ~/.rainlendar2/skins folder. We can make a copy of it, that we rename Shadow4Mod.zip (for example). In this way, we can unzip it.
This gives a folder in which are all the files of the skin. It contains a subfolder named 'images', another named 'scripts' and a last 'xml'.
In my files, the 'weather.lua' must be moved in the 'script' folder, 'weather.xml' in 'xml', and 'weather-bg-English.png' in 'images'.
Now, we can find this modified version of Shadow4 (named Shadow4Mod) in the Options of Rainlendar. It is considered as a new skin.

Even if this can help you, I think that it will not allow you to resolve your crashes problems. Here, I can't help you. Sorry ! (and sorry for me english, it is not my own language ).
beaute
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1...13141516171819...26
get the latest posts directly to your desktop