Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Widget/add-on: Filebox
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Widget/add-on: Filebox
Widget/add-on: Filebox 5 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hi there, I just wanted to show the result of my latest play-sessions with Rainlendar scripts and all (loving lua btw!).

It's called Filebox and it simply displays the contents of a folder you select. Why? Desktops are usually filled with files that "you need to look at later". Hiding them in proper folders is of no use, since the desktop is acting as a To Do list of sorts, and when files are neatly organized into their proper folders they're quickly forgotten.

The solution is to leave them lying around in the desktop, in various clusters, but at some point the constant dragging-and-dropping to keep them in place at all times gets tedious. Also, those big items are such a waste of space; I'd prefer to see only long names in list format than short names with big icons.

Alright, enough for the introduction. It's pretty intuitive. Clicking a file brings it up. The folder name is displayed as a title, when clicked the folder opens so that you can manage files, and clicking any empty space in the window updates the list. You can also change the bullet item to a different element.

I'm not posting the source as an add-on now since it's a bit scattered all over my customized/localized Shadow4 skin. Comments?

The addition I'm looking forward most to would be having different styles and icons based on file name masks (for example: *.pdf, *.lnk, *important*, etc).
Jotaf
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Widget/add-on: Filebox 5 Years, 9 Months ago  
Is it possible to sort files by date?

Reason I ask is because I subscribe to some video feeds that are downloaded automaticly to a folder and it would be nice to have some indication whenever a file has been downloaded.

Cheers
/Jordad
Jordad
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Widget/add-on: Filebox 5 Years, 8 Months ago  
Yeah it does that now. Sort order is an option, also you can show files and folders or just the files. But file hooks aren't possible (I wouldn't go through the trouble of using them anyway) so if you wanna update the list to check for new files you still need to click it, it doesn't refresh automatically.

I'll try to merge it with plain old Shadow4 and get a diff, then I can upload it as an add-on.
Jotaf
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Widget/add-on: Filebox 5 Years, 3 Months ago  
Where could i download it?

this would do wonders for my desktop setup, it looks good
Byaco
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop