Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How to share a new skin or addon?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How to share a new skin or addon?
How to share a new skin or addon? 5 Years, 7 Months ago  
I have made additions to the shadow_4 addons and would like to know how to share this with others?
I have kept most of my changes in a new script file but there is change to the Skin.xml and todo.xml. How would these changes be packaged so another user can install?
Southward
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How to share a new skin or addon? 5 Years, 7 Months ago  
The easiest way is just to create a separate skin from new stuff and instruct the user to use the advanced skin options to add the window to the currently used skin.

It is also possible to create an addon package which will integrate the changes to the original skin. This is a bit tricky though since if the original skin changes the addon might not work anymore.

The r2skin-addon is a similar package as the r2skin except that when installed it will overwrite the files in the original skin or combine the changes from the .diff files. The .diff files can be created with the diff.exe program in Rainlendar's utils-folder.

The addon needs also a text file called skin in its root folder which contains the name of the skin where the addon will be applied and the version number in a separate line. You can check from the Shadow4's widget addon how the file should look like.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop