Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Detecting downloaded image size
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Detecting downloaded image size
Detecting downloaded image size 5 Years, 7 Months ago  
I made a window that downloads the xkcd comic and displays it on the desktop. That part works fine. However, the size of this comic is not the same every day. Is there a straightforward way to detect the width of the comic so that I can resize the background and window appropriately? Or at least the background (which provides a "frame" for the comic, and is needed so that the title and caption of the comic are readable on my background).

Worst-case I can skip the background image, make the window as large as the largest comic, and move the caption to above the image (so the image can grow to the right and down as much as it wants). But then the text may not be visible on some backgrounds...

Thanks!
kati42
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Detecting downloaded image size 5 Years, 6 Months ago  
If you don't define the width or height for the window or for the image Rainlendar should calculate the dimensions automatically. At least in theory. Can you share the skin? I can take a look at it.
Rainy
graph

Re:Detecting downloaded image size 5 Years, 6 Months ago  
That part works correctly. The problem is that I want to put some text above the image and some text below the image. Particularly for the "below" I need to be able to position it just below the picture. Without knowing the height in advance, I can't do that. I'd also like to make the width of that text limited to the same width as the picture...

So the config isn't working "incorrectly", it's just that I don't know how to accomplish something. I can still upload it if you like later tonight or tomorrow.
kati42
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop