Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar 2.5 build 80
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Rainlendar 2.5 build 80
Re:Rainlendar 2.5 build 80 5 Years, 3 Months ago  
And you have the "Keep Offline Copy" enabled for the RTM calendar? If yes, please send the Rainlendar's debug log to me (rainy@iki.fi).
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rainy wrote:
Chaser wrote:
This beta still is not remembering the setting "suppress errors" (in german) for a shared network calendar in the sectoin "shared network calendar".

Why is this option available in both "general" and "shared network calendar"?

The item under General is "Suppress alarms" which is a different thing than suppressing errors. Does the problem happen only with German translation or are you able to reproduce it also with English?

And in what unit do you enter the time-delay? Is it seconds? This should be documented somewhere. I was not able to find it in the help. May be add (translateable) tooltips?

If you mean the poll frequency the help file mentions that the value is in minutes. But yes, it would be a good idea to show it in the item's name too.

Moreover I saw that the bug concerning a dualscreen setup is also not fixed, where the tooltips' position is calculated wrongly (see attached picture) if the resolution is not identical and the two screens are aligned as seen in the screenshot.

The fix actually applied only to Mac and Linux versions. But I'll take a look at it again. Is the calendar's position set as "On Desktop" or to something else?

Setting a category for multiple entries does not work. Moreover there the categories are not translated. That is may be the reason, why it does not work.

Yes, the categories are not translated in the dialog but that shouldn't matter. I tried it with the Finnish translation and it seemed to work ok. Are the events you are trying to modify normal local Rainlendar's events (that is they are not e.g. from a read-only calendar)?

1. The string for "Suppress alarm" is translated wrongly in German. In the english version it is fine.

2. With the english language enabled the option for "Suppress errors" is remembered (the calendar is set to read only). Strangely after I am able to switch back to german even though I deleted the languagefile from the programdirectory. And even stranger is that now the setting for "suppress errors" is remembered. What is going on? May be Rainlendar found another language-file somewhere else?

Moreover I saw that the bug concerning a dualscreen setup is also not fixed, where the tooltips' position is calculated wrongly (see attached picture) if the resolution is not identical and the two screens are aligned as seen in the screenshot.

The fix actually applied only to Mac and Linux versions. But I'll take a look at it again. Is the calendar's position set as "On Desktop" or to something else?

Still not fixed in Beta 81.

4.Setting a category for multiple entries does not work. Moreover there the categories are not translated. That is may be the reason, why it does not work.

Yes, the categories are not translated in the dialog but that shouldn't matter. I tried it with the Finnish translation and it seemed to work ok. Are the events you are trying to modify normal local Rainlendar's events (that is they are not e.g. from a read-only calendar)?

I could not reproduce it with Beta 80, but it seems to work fine in Beta 81 and the strings are even translated now.

Sorry for the possibly confusing answers..
Chaser
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

I changed the "Suppress Alarms" text in the German translations so it should work now.

I'm not able to reproduce the problem with the tooltip on my Mac and since I don't have a Windows setup with multiple monitors this needs to wait until I can find one where I can debug the problem.
Rainy
graph

I of course also would gladly test a debug edition, if it helps. May be you could at a debug-information that puts the position of the cursor and the position of the tooltip to the log-file.
May be something like this goes wrong:
Cursor-position is x (vertically)
Monitoroffset is 100
Instead of calculating x-100 it calculates x+100 (or the other way round). Could that be?
Chaser
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop