Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar 2.7 BETA build 84
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Rainlendar 2.7 BETA build 84
Re:Rainlendar 2.7 BETA build 84 4 Years, 7 Months ago  
I have a problem again with the Todo list not allowing me to reorder it.
Have you set the primary sort order to custom?

Also the new column reorder and resizing is not remembered after closing and reopening the Manager. Also it is refreshed after saving an item and all the changes are lost then as well.
Yep, there seems to be some implementation missing. I'll fix that.

How are the different Snooze times accessed again?
Right click over the item on the alarm.

Also when I use the Hide from Calender category it seems to not hide the icon.
Does this happen with the Shadow4 skin too? I wasn't able to reproduce the problem.

Can you please add these to the categories inside the program dialog?
You mean as a predefined categories? It could be useful. I'll think about it.

Why are the times not listed in the alarm so the item doesn't have to be opened to see it?
You mean the start and end times? Yes, they are unless you have disabled them from the advanced settings.

Could you please change the location of the ini and ics and log files to "My Documents\Rainlender2" and add an option to move them inside the options? It is now in the User Data location and that location is not good for people to backup from. I know how to use a shortcut but that is confusing and cumbersome and not good for newbies.
A new location for the data folder now would cause all kinds of problems with upgrade installations and restoring Rainlendar's own backups so I'm not really too keen on changing it.

Why is the standard calender not re-sizable via the options?
It's not build that way. I do have a backlog item to make it resizable although all it can do is to add more space around the numbers.

Secondly, could you make the font size, color and style of events and todo items be overridden by the program options. That way the font can be changed by the user if it doesn't work for them and not have to learn how to change the skin itself.
Yes, I probably could do that.

Finally, can you make the add "Email:" and text box below "URL:" info box and append them to the Summary when displayed in the Alarm and list and then be clickable to open the Browser for URL or Email Client?
There are too many fields already in the dialog so I'd rather take some of them away than add new ones. You can use the "mailto:" prefix in the url field to open your email application automatically.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thanks for the quick response but the forum didn't notify me of your reply. How do I ask for the forum to auto notify me of a response?

Rainy wrote:
[quote]I have a problem again with the Todo list not allowing me to reorder it.Have you set the primary sort order to custom?
I didn't change anything, could you have reset it with the last update? I have now changed it back to Custom and it works. I didn't remember that it could be changed with a right click but eventually found it after you mentioned it. Could you please add this to the options?
Also the new column reorder and resizing is not remembered after closing and reopening the Manager. Also it is refreshed after saving an item and all the changes are lost then as well.
Yep, there seems to be some implementation missing. I'll fix that.
Thank You
How are the different Snooze times accessed again?
Right click over the item on the alarm.
I'll try it thanks
Also when I use the Hide from Calender category it seems to not hide the icon.
Does this happen with the Shadow4 skin too? I wasn't able to reproduce the problem.
Just tried my custom skin. I will try Shadow4 when I get a chance.
Can you please add these to the categories inside the program dialog?
You mean as a predefined categories? It could be useful. I'll think about it.
Thanks
Why are the times not listed in the alarm so the item doesn't have to be opened to see it?
You mean the start and end times? Yes, they are unless you have disabled them from the advanced settings.
Yes, I have them set to on but I will check again when the alarm reappears.
Could you please change the location of the ini and ics and log files to "My Documents\Rainlender2" and add an option to move them inside the options? It is now in the User Data location and that location is not good for people to backup from. I know how to use a shortcut but that is confusing and cumbersome and not good for newbies.
A new location for the data folder now would cause all kinds of problems with upgrade installations and restoring Rainlendar's own backups so I'm not really too keen on changing it.
Can you at least add to to the options so it can be manually changed? Also if you were to have a routine to check when the program starts it could move it for backups as well. A simple rainlendar2.ini that shows where everything is in the startup location and a new ini that just has the settings in the user defined location would solve this. That simple routine on startup I mentioned could strip it out at startup and create the new files.
Why is the standard calender not re-sizable via the options?
It's not build that way. I do have a backlog item to make it resizable although all it can do is to add more space around the numbers.
Actually the numbers are fine, the week day abbreviations overlap each other and I cant figure out how to make the font smaller in the skin.

Secondly, could you make the font size, color and style of events and todo items be overridden by the program options. That way the font can be changed by the user if it doesn't work for them and not have to learn how to change the skin itself.
Yes, I probably could do that.
THANK YOU!!!
Finally, can you make the add "Email:" and text box below "URL:" info box and append them to the Summary when displayed in the Alarm and list and then be clickable to open the Browser for URL or Email Client?
There are too many fields already in the dialog so I'd rather take some of them away than add new ones. You can use the "mailto:" prefix in the url field to open your email application automatically.
mailto: is a workaround but adds text in the alarm and lists display, http:\\etc.com does nothing. Could you please have something like %URL% and %EMAIL% that works like a desktop shortcut and open the browser or mail respectively but displays nothing but the link itself when the list or alarm is visible?

%URL%ibm.com would look like ibm.com but when clicked opens the browser to ibm.com
%EMAIL%send.me@email.com looks like send.me@email.com but open the email client to TO: send.me@email.com

Thank You Very Very Much Kimmo!!!
JWvanLohuizen
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/12/22 04:02 By JWvanLohuizen.

I have now changed it back to Custom and it works. I didn't remember that it could be changed with a right click but eventually found it after you mentioned it. Could you please add this to the options?
I'll see if those could be added to the window's settings.

Can you at least add to to the options so it can be manually changed? Also if you were to have a routine to check when the program starts it could move it for backups as well. A simple rainlendar2.ini that shows where everything is in the startup location and a new ini that just has the settings in the user defined location would solve this. That simple routine on startup I mentioned could strip it out at startup and create the new files.
Yes, that could be possible but I'm not sure if it's really worth it. Most users don't even have to know where the settings are stored and if you really want to change the location you can already do that.

Actually the numbers are fine, the week day abbreviations overlap each other and I cant figure out how to make the font smaller in the skin.
The fonts are usually defined in the elements.xml file so you should check from there.

Could you please have something like %URL% and %EMAIL% that works like a desktop shortcut and open the browser or mail respectively but displays nothing but the link itself when the list or alarm is visible?
Hmmm... I could add the wiki url support for the Url-field. I'll see if that's possible.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop