Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar 2.9 BETA build 106
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Rainlendar 2.9 BETA build 106
Re:Rainlendar 2.9 BETA build 106 3 Years, 3 Months ago  
Rainy wrote:
Changing the opacity doesn't work on Linux anymore since it can cause the windows to become fully transparent sometimes.
Sometimes? And this is the solution? If someone doesn't work well that he didn't turn it on but removing a feature because to someone it doesn't work, it isn't the solution!!
And why leave the controls in Linux if you do not work!?
I need the transparency, it isn't just a matter of esthetic. This is one of the features because I decided for Rainlendar2 and I pay for it.
JSimR
Ubuntu: Linux for human beings!
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/06/12 09:11 By JSimR.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Rainlendar Pro v2.9(b104) 64 bit (with licence) on Ubuntu 10.04

The problem is that in the newer Ubuntu versions the operating system doesn't draw the window if it has any amount of transparency. This doesn't happen always but often enough to be very annoying problem. The feature has worked before so it is probably caused by some regression in GTK or some other lower level component but unfortunately I don't have time to try to find out the cause and fix code which is not directly part of Rainlendar. I can consider making it still possible to change the transparency from the settings file but the transparency controls will be disabled in the next build as they should have been already.
Rainy
graph

Rainy wrote:
The problem is that in the newer Ubuntu versions the operating system doesn't draw the window if it has any amount of transparency. This doesn't happen always but often enough to be very annoying problem. The feature has worked before so it is probably caused by some regression in GTK or some other lower level component but unfortunately I don't have time to try to find out the cause and fix code which is not directly part of Rainlendar. I can consider making it still possible to change the transparency from the settings file but the transparency controls will be disabled in the next build as they should have been already.
But I don't understand that if a feature doesn't work for some users this is suppressed when there is an option to doesn't use it. Especially if it is a problem in a library alien to Rainlendar that will be adjusted in future versions of GTK.
When in the future this problem would be fixed in GTK, users of Linux still can't use transparency?

For these reasons I think you should reconsider your decision and keep this option:
1) It's an error in GTK library.
2) The transparency is configurable and it can be disabled in options.
3) It isn't a generic problem, it's a problem for a certain amount of persons.

You say "I don't have time to try to find out the cause and fix code..." but you have time to disable this feature to Linux!?
Regards.

ADD:

This program has several shortcomings on Linux. This will only add one more.
JSimR
Ubuntu: Linux for human beings!
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/06/12 09:50 By JSimR.
Rainlendar Pro v2.9(b104) 64 bit (with licence) on Ubuntu 10.04

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop