Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

gCal:"Contacts' birthdays and events" Doesn't Show
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: gCal:"Contacts' birthdays and events" Doesn't Show
gCal:"Contacts' birthdays and events" Doesn't Show 1 Year, 12 Months ago  
Google Calendar has a way to display birthdays and anniversaries of contacts from one's contact list. The calendar is called "Contacts' birthdays and events". It recent versions of Rainlendar it stopped showing, I tried deleting and readding it, I tried tick on/off various options (suspend errors, read only, etc.), but nothing works. It just doesn't show no matter what I do. And what's interesting is that there are NO error messages of any kind (it adds just fine as well).

Is there any way to trouble-shoot this? I mean, I want to find the reason for this, but if there are no EMs from Rainlendar, I don't see how can I do that.
bugreporter
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Rainlendar Pro v2.12 b134 64 bit
REGISTERED
Windows 8.1 Pro Vol. x64

Re:gCal:"Contacts' birthdays and events" Doesn't Show 1 Year, 12 Months ago  
I can confirm this.

Without changing anything at all, the birthday calender refuses to show lately.
Loom
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/04/26 20:22 By Loom.

Re:gCal:"Contacts' birthdays and events" Doesn't Show 1 Year, 12 Months ago  
The birthday calendars got broken the same time as the holiday calendars: www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=3&id=16490#17026
Rainy
graph

Re:gCal: 1 Year, 11 Months ago  
Rainy wrote:
The birthday calendars got broken the same time as the holiday calendars: www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=3&id=16490#17026
Thank you, I did not see that post. Well then, the question is: is there anyone/any place we should write to in order for Google to become aware of this and fix it?

Also, my iPhone's calendar picks up the birthdays/anniversaries just fine. Any chance there is a way for Rainlendar to pick them up in another way (a workaround, so to say)? The thing is that Rainlendar showing me birthdays is NOT a small thing, to be honest. It's quite huge actually, and it's something that helps me a lot, simply because it's constantly on my desktop, so I never miss anything.
In other words, I would literally kill for a workaround on this.

But in any case I think we all should bug Google to fix it. And for this I need 2 things:
- Where to write (e.g. who or which place/department handles this)
- What to write (a precise description of what Rainlendar needs/does and what happens or doesn't happen)
bugreporter
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
REGISTERED
Windows 8.1 Pro Vol. x64

Re:gCal: 1 Year, 11 Months ago  
An easy workaround for this would be to use the Google's iCal link for a read-only access to the calendar but since that's not working either we can only wait and hope that Google fixes the problem. There is a post about the problem in the Google Calendar's discussion board (groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-calendar-api/YBXJAUUdfGI) and a bug report in the API issues (code.google.com/a/google.com/p/apps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=3076&q=label%3AAPI-Calendar&colspec=API%20ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Stars%20Opened%20Summary).
Rainy
graph

Re:gCal: 1 Year, 10 Months ago  
Rainy wrote:
An easy workaround for this would be to use the Google's iCal link for a read-only access to the calendar but since that's not working either we can only wait and hope that Google fixes the problem. There is a post about the problem in the Google Calendar's discussion board (groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-calendar-api/YBXJAUUdfGI) and a bug report in the API issues (code.google.com/a/google.com/p/apps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=3076&q=label%3AAPI-Calendar&colspec=API%20ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Stars%20Opened%20Summary).
Starting today the birthdays and events is finally back! Yay!!!
bugreporter
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
REGISTERED
Windows 8.1 Pro Vol. x64

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop