Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

gCal:"Contacts' birthdays and events" Doesn't Show
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: gCal:"Contacts' birthdays and events" Doesn't Show
gCal:"Contacts' birthdays and events" Doesn't Show 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
Google Calendar has a way to display birthdays and anniversaries of contacts from one's contact list. The calendar is called "Contacts' birthdays and events". It recent versions of Rainlendar it stopped showing, I tried deleting and readding it, I tried tick on/off various options (suspend errors, read only, etc.), but nothing works. It just doesn't show no matter what I do. And what's interesting is that there are NO error messages of any kind (it adds just fine as well).

Is there any way to trouble-shoot this? I mean, I want to find the reason for this, but if there are no EMs from Rainlendar, I don't see how can I do that.
bugreporter
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Rainlendar Pro v2.13 b139 64 bit
Pro (paid/registered user)
Windows 8.1 With Update x64

Re:gCal:"Contacts' birthdays and events" Doesn't Show 2 Years, 5 Months ago  
I can confirm this.

Without changing anything at all, the birthday calender refuses to show lately.
Loom
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/04/26 20:22 By Loom.

Re:gCal:"Contacts' birthdays and events" Doesn't Show 2 Years, 5 Months ago  
The birthday calendars got broken the same time as the holiday calendars: www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=3&id=16490#17026
Rainy
graph

Re:gCal: 2 Years, 5 Months ago  
Rainy wrote:
The birthday calendars got broken the same time as the holiday calendars: www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=3&id=16490#17026
Thank you, I did not see that post. Well then, the question is: is there anyone/any place we should write to in order for Google to become aware of this and fix it?

Also, my iPhone's calendar picks up the birthdays/anniversaries just fine. Any chance there is a way for Rainlendar to pick them up in another way (a workaround, so to say)? The thing is that Rainlendar showing me birthdays is NOT a small thing, to be honest. It's quite huge actually, and it's something that helps me a lot, simply because it's constantly on my desktop, so I never miss anything.
In other words, I would literally kill for a workaround on this.

But in any case I think we all should bug Google to fix it. And for this I need 2 things:
- Where to write (e.g. who or which place/department handles this)
- What to write (a precise description of what Rainlendar needs/does and what happens or doesn't happen)
bugreporter
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:gCal: 2 Years, 5 Months ago  
An easy workaround for this would be to use the Google's iCal link for a read-only access to the calendar but since that's not working either we can only wait and hope that Google fixes the problem. There is a post about the problem in the Google Calendar's discussion board (groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-calendar-api/YBXJAUUdfGI) and a bug report in the API issues (code.google.com/a/google.com/p/apps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=3076&q=label%3AAPI-Calendar&colspec=API%20ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Stars%20Opened%20Summary).
Rainy
graph

Re:gCal: 2 Years, 4 Months ago  
Rainy wrote:
An easy workaround for this would be to use the Google's iCal link for a read-only access to the calendar but since that's not working either we can only wait and hope that Google fixes the problem. There is a post about the problem in the Google Calendar's discussion board (groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-calendar-api/YBXJAUUdfGI) and a bug report in the API issues (code.google.com/a/google.com/p/apps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=3076&q=label%3AAPI-Calendar&colspec=API%20ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Stars%20Opened%20Summary).
Starting today the birthdays and events is finally back! Yay!!!
bugreporter
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop