Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar 2.14 BETA build 151
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: Rainlendar 2.14 BETA build 151
Re:Rainlendar 2.14 BETA build 151 4 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
I'll try to figure out some way to make it possible to have only the calendar in the large mode.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Rainlendar 2.14 BETA build 151 4 Months, 1 Week ago  
I guess, you understand me false.
"Todo List" and "Event List" are in "Large" mode, only the "scale" option doesn't work.
If scale not 100%, "Todo List" and "Event List" are blurred.
I can scale the Calendar Window to 85%, looks normal, but i can't scale the "Todo List" and "Event List" windows to 85%, both looks blurred.
I have to scale the "Todo List" and "Event List" windows to 100% and instead of this, i have to set the option "Font scale" in the program options under "Advanced" to 85%, thereby the "Todo List" and "Event List" windows are displayed in 85%.
Marlowe
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2017/07/16 12:05 By Marlowe.

Re:Rainlendar 2.14 BETA build 151 4 Months ago  
found out this beta now prevents sleep on latest insider win 10
16232.1000 build.

with mce standby tool i found out that something registered ad user input every 59 seconds preventing sleep.

after a long troubleshooting i found that rainlendar was the culprit.

so on latest insider slow ring it now prevents sleep.

no idea why it registers as user input every 59 sec.
jsmM
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

High quality font scaling doesn't seem to work (on Linux). At least there is no difference visible between high and low and judging by the quality it hangs at 'low'. I'm using alot of emoji in event names and they are always kinda crispy/aliased. For selected font i have to choose/force a bold style.

It would would be a huge improvement to allow/override 'font styles'. Even though the font picker windows shows all styles (italic, bold..) Rainlendar doesn't seem to honor it. I had to enforce that in the skin (Shadow4). It would be great if Rainlendar could enforce/override that.

Rainlendar 64Bit
Arch Linux / XFCE
Maniaxx
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2017/07/23 15:06 By Maniaxx.

@Marlowe, scaling the windows will aways give blurry results. make sure you have the Options->Advanced->"Scaling quality" set to "High". If you need to decrease/increase the font size you should always use the "Font scale" setting.

@Maniaxx, If you are referring to the "Scaling quality" setting it doesn't affect fonts but just how bitmaps are scaled. Currently the "Font face" only overwrites the face. I can check if it would be possible to overwrite also the style.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Rainy wrote:
If you are referring to the "Scaling quality" setting it doesn't affect fonts but just how bitmaps are scaled.
Then it cannot help indeed. That's how it looks here at the moment (don't rescale the pic).
http://abload.de/img/rainlendarxdjxm.png

Bitmaps seem to be fine indeed but fonts are kinda garbled/aliased. That might be a general Linux problem though, idk. I can see that on some Terminal apps as well. The only solution i know is to make them bold and larger even though i couldn't find anything satisfying yet for the event list. I don't want that large fonts there. It does react on system-wide settings like 'hinting, alias on/off' though but its always kinda grainy, too thin, aliased, imprecise.

Edit: Disabling font hinting gives best results but still not on par with standard rendering. Maybe its transparency related.
Maniaxx
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2017/07/26 16:34 By Maniaxx.

Go to topPage: 1234
get the latest posts directly to your desktop