Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar 2.14 BETA build 152
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Rainlendar 2.14 BETA build 152
Re:Rainlendar 2.14 BETA build 152 1 Month ago  
There's a bug when reading the startup delay so the value is set to incorrect variable. I'll fix that.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Events & tasks deleted after update to b152 1 Month ago  
Let me first give a bit of background: I have two Macs (Sierra 10.12.6), each of which has a Windows 10 VM. I therefore run four instances of Rainlendar. My calendars are synced via Fruux.

About a week ago I realised that events and tasks I had recently created were being deleted for no obvious reason. After a bit of testing, I found that the deletions occurred when a Rainlendar instance synced from a different one than the one that created the event/task. Thus, if I created an event in Rainlendar on my iMac, as soon as Rainlendar on my MBA started syncing, it deleted it.

My first attempt at resolving this was by copying my main machine’s .rainlendar2 folder to all the others, to make sure that all were running with the same configuration. Unfortunately, no dice.

The odd thing was that the only events/tasks deleted were those created recently (older ones were not affected). Eventually, I figured out that the events/tasks in question were those created after my update to b152 on all machines.

At that point, I reinstalled b151 on all four instances of Rainlendar and the problems stopped. Certainly positive; but, realising that this was more circumstantial evidence than firm proof, I downloaded b152 again and installed it again on all Rainlendar instances. Sure enough, any event/task created after the update was deleted as soon as another instance started synching.

I have now gone back to b151 and everything works again. I am quite puzzled, as I have been using Rainlendar for about ten years without problems and, by now, I know the program quite well. In addition, I work in IT, so I can usually figure out issues caused by a bad configuration or similar.

Obvious questions:

a) Am I the only one who has reported this problem?
b) Were any obvious changes made between b151 and b152 that could conceivably be responsible?
c) How can I help in testing this?

Thanks in advance.
Alexxx
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2017/09/19 21:22 By Alexxx.

Re: Events & tasks deleted after update to b152 1 Month ago  
a) yes
b) I checked the change log and there hasn't been any changes in the CalDAV (which I assume you are using(?)) support that would explain the bug.
c) Try to reproduce the problem by creating a new empty calendar and then add just a single event to it. If you can get the event to be deleted somehow automatically during the sync repeat the issue so that both Rainlendar's are running in the debug mode and send the logs to me (use the support email address).
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Re: Events & tasks deleted after update to b152 4 Weeks ago  
Thank you. I'll try to follow your instructions and test it next week.
Alexxx
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Events & tasks deleted after update to b152 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
Since I had the time today to devote to Rainlendar debugging, I started my four instances of Rainlendar and began to experiment to see if events/tasks continued to be deleted without cause.
At the beginning, several events/tasks were indeed summarily deleted (my impression was that this happened when the instance that created the event/task was rebooted, but I'm not sure).
I then ran all four instances in debug mode and… nothing happened, despite various attempts to "provoke" an unwanted deletion.
At that point, I then rebooted all four instances to start normally and have been waiting for arbitrary deletions, but so far… nothing has happened. Very frustrating!
At this point, I'm not sure where things stand. Let's consider my bug report on permanent hold until either someone else reports the same issue or any further unwanted deletes reoccur on my machines.
Thanks for your patience.
Alexxx
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Events & tasks deleted after update to b152 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
As soon as I returned to Rainlendar from my post a few minutes ago, I found three tasks for tomorrow deleted without user intervention. I don't have any more time today, but tomorrow will set all for instances in debug mode and let them go on autopilot for a few hours. Extremely frustrating
Alexxx
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop