Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar 2.14 BETA build 152
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Rainlendar 2.14 BETA build 152
Re:Rainlendar 2.14 BETA build 152 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
I reinstalled and the behaviour was different this time, requiring a force close vs. it crashing like before. It now freezes on the screen as shown in the screenshot (following password entry). If you see my pointer, the entire page has my mouse set as if it is a link, and won't let me click on anything. I also can't close the window or cancel, and need to force close. I'm not sure if it's useful, but I also provided a dump up until that point.

Thanks for any help you can provide, I've been using Rainlendar for years and love the product.
File Attachment:
File Name: rainlendar2.gz
File Size: 20314
mikerogerz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Linux Mint 18.3 XFCE x64.

On trying to install the .deb:

Failed to run gdebi-gtk '--non-interactive' '/home/<username>/Desktop/Rainlendar/debs/rainlendar2-pro_2.14.b152-1_amd64.deb' as user root.

Unable to copy the user's Xauthorization file.

Also, I hope this version fixes a problem whereby after changing some sizing options on the calendar, clicking 'settings' in the calendar context menu crashed the program. That bug (in beta 150) is what caused me to try this new version. (Also, on Mint Cinnamon beta 151 gave my system serious problems).

EDIT: I re-downloaded, and installed. It works so far, and the crash I mentioned has yet to reoccur.
JN_Mint
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2017/08/30 19:48 By JN_Mint.

There are still problems with the interface,in that clicking boxes sometimes clicks the wrong box or no box at all. Also, for some reason the 'events window' is partially visible through the supposedly non-transparent Firefox window in which I type this, despite the events window's position being set to 'desktop'.

While I am here:

- the search setting in the settings looks,at least on a small-ish screen, and because of the rectangle within it, like it is selected, when it is not. So I start typing - to search - and nothing happens.

- The Rainlendar windows lack a maximise toggle on my system. And they open too small. So I have to drag them out. Every time.
JN_Mint
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Date of Today display in Savannah Skin is displayed very large on top left
and can't be read at all.

@horsti, Can you post a screenshot?

@Maniaxx, I'll remove the ICU dependency from the next build. In the mean time you can try to install the libicu55 manually.

@mikerogerz, That might be some problem in libwebkitgtk since Rainlendar doesn't have any control over what the browser shows. I tried this in Ubuntu and everything seemed to work fine in there though.

@JN_Mint, What window manager you are using? Sounds like it has issues with Rainlendar. Can you post a screenshot of the search in the settings as I'm not sure what you mean?
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

In the attached file you can see the screen shots
for Build 150 and Build 152
File Attachment:
File Name: Screens.zip
File Size: 105391
horsti
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Rainy wrote:
I'll remove the ICU dependency from the next build. In the mean time you can try to install the libicu55 manually.
b152 works now but caldav function is broken:

18:29:44: [0:03:52.646] caldav-cal: Result: (1) 0 Unsupported protocol.
18:29:44: [0:03:52.646] ERROR: caldav-cal: The calendar-home-set is not set for the calendar.

Arch x86-64 Linux 4.12.8
Radicale v2.1.5
Maniaxx
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2017/09/01 11:36 By Maniaxx.

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop