Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar 2.2 build 49
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: Rainlendar 2.2 build 49
Rainlendar 2.2 build 49 7 Years ago  
Build 49 can be downloaded from here:
Windows: Rainlendar-2.2.b49.zip
Linux TAR: Rainlendar-2.2.b49.tar.bz2
Linux DEB: rainlendar2-pro_2.2.b49-1_i386.deb

This build includes couple of new features which might interest the Linux users. First of all you can now get the application in a .deb package which makes installation easier in distributions that use them (e.g. Ubuntu). You can install Rainlendar from the deb like this:

sudo dpkg -i rainlendar2-pro_2.2.b49-1_i386.deb

And uninstall it like this:

sudo dpkg -r rainlendar2-pro_2.2.b49-1_i386.deb

The second new Linux related feature is the support for native transparency. You need to have the composite enabled for the desktop (this basically means that you need to be running Compiz). I had to rewrite the whole window handling implementation for this so let me know if the windows and dialogs act funny (this applies to the Windows version too).

This is beta version! It has not been tested.

o Fixed image position problem in the ini format skins.
o Made the scanning of the skins recursive so it doesn't matter anymore how deep the folder structure is.
o Added possibility to customize the todo list according to the task priority.
o Illegal characters are removed from the offline file name.
o The main menu was shown in the event and todo dialogs. Fixed.
o Added native transparency support for Linux.
o Updating a component multiple times causes conflicts in Google calendar. Fixed.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Rainlendar 2.2 build 49 7 Years ago  
Clicking on the day number in the system tray should prompt Rainlender to redraw itself but in this version it seems to hide itself and I have to exit and restart Rainlender to see it again.
andygrunt
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Further to my previous post, I've found that Rainlender will redraw itself if I minimise a window that had been covering it but if I hover the cursor on Rainlender instead of a window popping up showing details of the event it's over, the window doesn't appear and the part of Rainlender that would have been beneath the windows disappears. This make it impossible to add, edit or delete any entries

A swift update fixing these problems would be appreciated.
andygrunt
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Rainlendar 2.2 build 49 eats up Windows resources. After few hours my Windows XP became acting weird. Missing icons, buttons outside windows - GDI objects used by Rainlendar was 9999. Had to close it.
Additionally, the Snooze sub menu for item selected in alarm window does not seem to work. For example, I snoozed (at least attempted to) one of 4 reminders and it didn't go away. I did the same for remaining 3 items ant still had 4 topics in the alarm window. I had to hit the large snooze button at the bottom. Is this a new intended behavior or bug indeed.
mad
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

andygrunt, I have not been able to reproduce the problems (I don't understand them fully though). Does it happen with all the different window positions and transparency types?
Rainy
graph

I've now reverted to the previous beta which doesn't have the problem but in case the information is of use...

I'm using the new Chromosphere skin and have the month calender in the top right corner of my desktop with the To Do screen below that and the event list below that (i.e. they're all down the right hand side). I also have the Digiclock from another skin appear in the top, centre of the desktop. I'm not sure what mean by 'transparency types'. This arrangement has always worked before and (as I mentioned), works with the previous beta.
andygrunt
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234
get the latest posts directly to your desktop