Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar 2.2 build 52
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Rainlendar 2.2 build 52
Rainlendar 2.2 build 52 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
Build 52 can be downloaded from here:
Windows: Rainlendar-2.2.b52.zip
Linux TAR: Rainlendar-2.2.b52.tar.bz2
Linux DEB: rainlendar2-pro_2.2.b52-1_i386.deb

This is beta version! It has not been tested.

o Day distance was calculated incorrectly when DST changed. Fixed.
o Added dontSendContinue option to the network plugin.
o QuickAdd (--add) creates tasks if the string is prefixed with "task" or "todo".
o An error is shown if the downloaded file cannot be parsed.
o Fixed timezone handling in the analog clock.
o It's not allowed to use '/'-character in the calendar, window or template names since it corrupts the ini-files.
o Template saved as "QuickAdd" will be automatically applied to the events and tasks created from command line.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Rainlendar 2.2 build 52 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hi,

First post, maybe stupid question, but...

I've got a problem. I installed Rainlendar 2.2 build 52 from the zip. I can't use the installer 'cause I'm using my dad's laptop, and I have no permissions.

And the problem is, that I can't install skins or languages. When I try to drag the skin file to the window of Rainlendar, it says "The Addon installation failed". And when I try to drag the language file, it says "Unable to install the file "C:\Users\Matias\Documents\Matias\Rainlendar\locale\Finnish.r2lang". The folder does not have write permissions.".

Though it says that I don't have write permissions, I think I have. 'cause I could do a folder and put the Rainlendar files there. I'm not sure. I'm not a nerd.

So, could anyone help me, please. And sorry my bad(?) english, I speak Finnish better..

Edit: Now I succeed to install skins. Intalling languages is still mystery to me..
masaaa
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2007/12/10 13:49 By masaaa.

Hi,

first of all there is no need to "install" Rainlendar when it comes as a zip file, like the betas do. Just unzip to your preferred location and run rainlendar.exe (like you did i guess)

@Rainy: Does this "portable" installation still work (especially under Vista) ? Can't test it at the moment.

You wrote you can't use the installer because you don't have write permissions. Because of your error when installing the language file i think you are using Vista. It seems you don't have enough permissions for installing rainlendar. Maybe talk with your father and try installing it with admin rights (right-click the installer -> run with admin rights)

When using the unzipped beta maybe this will help:
help - help 2 -
another help

Greetings from Germany, Bandit

@Rainy: No probs using build 52 so far, great work !
Bandit
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2007/12/11 07:24 By Bandit.

Hi,

I asked my dad and he installed Rainlendar. No problems in sight. I'll ask if I have.
masaaa
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Rainy wrote:
o Added dontSendContinue option to the network plugin.
I can confirm setting this option to "1" for network shared calendars fixes the "417 Expectation Failed" error when trying to write the calendar to an ICS file hosted by the lighttpd server. This works around a bug in lighttpd versions previous to 1.5, see

http://trac.lighttpd.net/trac/ticket/1017
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2005-11/0129.html
eyebex
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2007/12/11 17:05 By eyebex.

Tested this pretty extensively on Google (hosted domain) Calendar. Worked a treat.. A few things I did notice..

By default Rainlendar marks events as private (Why is that Rainy and can we have a setting to change this?) however when the event is transferred to Google they are not marked as private.

If you mark an event to be included in more than one calendar, one calendar being a google calendar, the event shows as a duplicated event rather than showing in more than one calendar

Excellent work so far Rainy
ozgreg
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop