Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar 2.2 build 53
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Rainlendar 2.2 build 53
Re:Rainlendar 2.2 build 53 6 Years, 7 Months ago  
I think I hit a rare bug. Using b53, default skin (Shadow4), with "Transparency Type" set to "Region", the Calendar will show partial overlaps when I switch to another month. (see attached screenshot below.)

I'm using Vista Business 32, btw.

I never noticed it before, but I did some tests just now and found the exact problem started with b49. B48 is alright, so is b44.

No problem with the other skin (Chromophore), and no problem if I switch the Transparency Type to Copy or Native. (Native doesn't work for me, however, since I want the Rainlendar windows to stay on my desktop.)

Anything else I should try?
mwang
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2007/12/24 04:23 By mwang.Reason: image upload failed
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sweetthd3ViL, I'm not exactly sure why the position is not updated to the settings file especially if the other skin works ok. One possibility is that the rainlendar2.ini file has corrupted and the data is written in incorrect location. You could temporarily rename the rainlenda2.ini file and see if it helps if you start from the default settings.

brajan, I cannot reproduce the problem so it might have something to do with the display card drivers or some bug in the gtk drawing routines. I doubt there is anything I can do about it though.

mwang, Are you sure you are not running two instances of Rainlendar at the same time? What happens if you move the window? It could be also that in the On Desktop mode Windows doesn't update the parent window like it should so the old image isn't removed properly.
Rainy
graph

Rainy wrote:
mwang, Are you sure you are not running two instances of Rainlendar at the same time?
Only one instance. I'm very sure.

What happens if you move the window?
Let me try...OK, some residual bits would stay at the old place (see screenshot below). If I move it around more, it would work like a wiper and wipe the place clean.

It could be also that in the On Desktop mode Windows doesn't update the parent window like it should so the old image isn't removed properly.
Possible, and yet it happens only with this particular skin, and only when the Transparency Type is set to "Region".
mwang
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Hey Rainy,

Thanks again for your hard work on the program. I see you added the ability to add things to the Todo list from the commandline, but they always have a due date. Is there a way I could add a task with no due date (like if I just did Add Task the normal way and pressed Enter?)

EDIT: I made up a hackish solution that involves deleting the appropriate line from the ics file and refreshing Rainlendar. So if there's not a way to specify "no due date" with the event parser then don't worry about it
jnylen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2007/12/27 14:19 By jnylen.

Re:Rainlendar 2.2 build 53 6 Years, 6 Months ago  
Hi, Rainy

This is not really a bug, but I would like to tell you this anyway. See, my Rainlendar starts up when I boot up my computer (in this case my laptop) which I run Ubuntu Gutsy. My laptop connects to internet trough wireless, so it takes a second or two before I'm actaully on the net. Though Rainlendar starts much earlier than what my computer needs to connect to the internet, and since I use Google Calendar feautre, I get this message that Rainlendar cannot connect to the internet. Had it just waited a few more seconds and it would have been able to. So I was wondering if there is a way to delay the connection time (or if anybody knew how to delay a startup in Ubuntu), since it can get bothering pressing OK and then refreshing Rainlendar every time I boot up.

I would also say that my first problem (getting error message that Rainlendar could not get the original configurations and a YES or NO button to reset the configurations) has still occured now and then, even though Rainlendar has permission to read and write the configuration file.

And last (no bug or anything), but I am looking forwards for the OSX port

Thanks for a wonderful program!
Ernie
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Rainlendar 2.2 build 53 6 Years, 6 Months ago  
Ernie wrote:
if anybody knew how to delay a startup in Ubuntu
You probably have Rainlendar running through the Gnome session preferences. Here's what you need to do:
Say the path to the rainlendar2 executable is /usr/local/bin/rainlendar2. Then that is the command you put into the Gnome session preferences. Change the command to the following:
sh -c "sleep 4 && /usr/local/bin/rainlendar2"
where 4 is the number of seconds you want to wait.

Edit: A better solution would be to find a command that will wait until the internet connection is actually available, and replace sleep 4 with that command. But I don't use wireless so I don't know how to do that.
jnylen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2007/12/29 14:11 By jnylen.

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop