Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar 2.4 build 70
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Rainlendar 2.4 build 70
Re:Rainlendar 2.4 build 70 5 Years, 6 Months ago  
larzon1983 wrote:

On thing. It would be cool if I could drag the menubaricon (with cmd pressed) on the place I want (e.g. on the left of the mac OSX default clock).

Guess that there is something rather more important to fix:
When I startup this RL beta on Mac OS X 10.5 (Intel), on which I have some remote calendars, and their host is unavailable - then RL Pro will hang when I try to quit the program. I noticed this in some earlier versions already.

In this beta now, most of my RL GUI disappears when I try to quit, but the menu bar icon remains (inresponsively).

Dunno what response or event RL waits for. I try to force quit the app, but it is not listed in the stack of running software any more.
observer
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/01/18 06:07 By observer.Reason: added details on trying to force quit
The administrator has disabled public write access.

nihilist, The problem with the 64-bit builds is that I don't have enough room for the 64-bit OS on my hard disk so making them requires extra work. The first 64-bit build was b66 so if that doesn't work then you need to wait for until I have time to create a new build.

ifoow, I noticed also the problem with the tray icon. I'll fix that. Is the offline file created at all? It should be in ~/.rainlendar2/backups/ (the file name has text "Offline").

observer, does the menu bar icon remain only when you have network calendars which cannot be accessed or also if you disable all your calendars? At the moment Rainlendar waits forever for the network threads to quit before it exists so if one of them is stuck the process won't die (the network connection should timeout at some point though which would free the thread). I can check if it's possible to kill the thread if it cannot be quit nicely.
Rainy
graph

Sorry rainy, had no time to answer yet.
I tested it right now and the "disable all calendars" has shown no effect on the behaviour for me.

Rainlendar GUI -> right click in "events" heading -> "calendars" -> "disable all calendars"

All shared calendars disappeared when I had loaded them from server correctly before.
Result: Quit process without any errors.

Same steps when remote calendars were offline.
Result: Quit process erratic as described in my previous post.
observer
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/01/28 15:15 By observer.Reason: formatting

Re:Rainlendar 2.4 build 70 5 Years, 5 Months ago  
Try the build 71 and see if that works better.
Rainy
graph

Re:Rainlendar 2.4 build 70 5 Years, 5 Months ago  
Yep, works perfectly well in 71 - thanx a lot!
observer
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop