Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Let the user choose the categories their icons
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Let the user choose the categories their icons
Let the user choose the categories their icons 4 Years, 12 Months ago  
Hi,

my suggestion is closely related to this question.

I would like to suggest that, by default, you include no standard categories, or at most two (like work and personal), since (by all respect) 95% of your default categories suck. I know, I can delete them...

Anyway, in my opinion, my suggestion makes sense. Let the user choose, which categories he needs. In addition (in fact, this is my main-proposal and much more important than the other), let the user choose, which icon he wants to use for which category. That can't be that hard... For each category, the user should be able to click on one of your many icons and thus choosing it.

I think that would not be much effort to implement (but, of course, I could be wrong), but would be much more useful to almost all users (like I said, there are so many useless categories). And if I define new categories, I don't have a symbol for it.
ProfessorChaos
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Let the user choose the categories their icons 4 Years, 12 Months ago  
This gets requests from time to time and the reason why it hasn't been addressed is that the appearance for the categories can include much more than just an icon. This makes it very difficult to implement an easy to use category editor which would work in all skins that are available for Rainlendar. This however is something I'm trying to solve in the future releases.

And I do agree that some of the category names are not very useful but most of them come from Outlook and are included in Rainlendar for compatibility reasons.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop