Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Add "Or Next Business Day" for Recurrence
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Add "Or Next Business Day" for Recurrence
Add "Or Next Business Day" for Recurrence 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hi Rainy,

I searched the forum and couldn't see this request - Could you please add a feature to allow recurring tasks to automatically move to the next available business day if they fall on a weekend or on a specified category(such as Public Holiday - maybe allow users to customise what categories count as 'non-business days' via the advanced options?). Maybe the feature could be added as a checkbox in the recurrence tab - "Or next business day"?

For example:

Recurring event\task on the 12th day of every month. On 12/11/2009 it will fall on a Thursday, however the next month, if this feature is enabled, it should fall on the 14/12/2009 as the 12/12/2009 is a Saturday(non-business day). Then the next month the task will fall on the normal date (12/01/2010 - Tuesday) as it is a standard day.

Alternatively...

A monthly recurring event\task on the 1st of every month. On 01/12/2009 it will fall on a Tuesday, however on the 01/01/2010 it will be shifted to 04/01/2009 (Monday) as another item in the calender would be set to "Public Holiday" on 01/01/2009 (New Years day), and the 2nd(Saturday) and 3rd(Sunday) are the weekend days.

This would be a great feature to have. Let me know what you think. Thanks for a great product!
stax0r
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Add "Or Next Business Day" for Recurrence 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
I can look into this but I'm not sure if the iCalendar format supports that kind of recurrence patterns.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop